Updating custom SuperDOM column on MarketData

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating custom SuperDOM column on MarketData

OnRender seems to be throttled for my purposes. How do I refresh my custom SuperDOM column to continuously render on L2 market data (much like the PriceLadder)?

Thank you for your question gemify.

Refreshing a chart is in fact throttled to 1/4 second. If, after 1/4 second has passed, you do not see your chart render, you may call ForceRefresh at any time within that 1/4 second to trigger a refresh on the next refresh event. The attached script does this. More information can be found here

The SuperDOM itself, however, should be moving with market conditions.

If this is an indicator column, no further action is needed. If this is a SuperDOM column, and not an Indicator you are running in the SuperDOM, and so that I may have a more complete picture of what is happening on your end, would it be possible to use the freely and publicly available screen capture software Jing, https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html , or a similar program which can record video of what is happening on your screen, so that you can show me what is occurring on your end? These quick instructions can get you started with Jing.

1. When you start Jing, a yellow half circle will appear near the top of your screen. Please hover over it with your mouse
    2. A small + sign will extend out of this half circle. Please click on it
    3. When your cursor becomes two intersecting lines, please click and drag your mouse over an area of your screen you would like to record
    4. Please press the film strip button that appears to begin recording
    5. When you are finished recording, please press the square stop button that appears
    6. Please press the share button that appears. It consists of three vertical upward pointing arrows.

You will then have the option to view your video on screencast.com . This is the link which can help me diagnose what is happening on your end. It is possible you will need to set up a free account in order to share videos.

Thank you very much in advance for providing us with this information. If this procedure is not an option for you, or if there are any other questions we can answer, please let us know.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_JessicaP; 05-05-2017, 02:12 PM.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for responding quickly. There must have been something about the version of NT8 that I had installed that had the refresh issue. I just installed 8.0.6.1 and it works as expected. I believe I had 8.0.2.x prior.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by thumper57, Yesterday, 04:30 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post thumper57  
      Started by DT215, 01-14-2023, 07:59 PM
      4 responses
      1 like
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH