Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.6.1 - "Required key missing" Error Messages in Log on Startup

Installed 8.0.6.1

During Startup Log window fills up with error messages as shown in the attached image.

Attempted to re-install and went through the "Repair" option, with no effect.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pt-emini; 05-01-2017, 04:00 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for posting today.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170501.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Probably caused by a custom skin that needs updated files.

Comment

I got exactly the same on my first startup. I believe I uninstalled and then reinstalled to get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryWar View Post
          I got exactly the same on my first startup. I believe I uninstalled and then reinstalled to get rid of it.
          You must have had some obsolete skin template files left over from a previous version that somehow did not get updated during the installation or you were using a custom skin that needed to be updated.

Comment

TradeSmart could you please elaborate on what you mean by "Skin template" files and "Custom skin" files. My interpretation of Skin is just the border/frame coloring and/ or custom pic graphic files. None of which I use.

thanks

Comment

TradeSmart could you please elaborate on what you mean by "Skin template" files and "Custom skin" files. My interpretation of Skin is just the border/frame coloring and/ or custom pic graphic files. None of which I use.
              Skins control the entire "look and feel" of NT8.

Skins templates are XAML files located in the templates/Skins folder hierarchy.

Comment

Ok, Basically what I thought except the only change I ever make is to select the light color which is presented on Install.

Comment

Ok, Basically what I thought except the only change I ever make is to select the light color which is presented on Install.
                  Did you perchance restore from a backup? If so, that might explain why you encountered the "key missing" error. The restore process overwrote the new skin template files with obsolete versions. Running the installation again replaced the obsolete files with the correct updated versions and thereby eliminated the errors.

Comment

I did in fact do a Restore after the install, I would think that the installation process should of warned me or the Readme should of warned me. I always read the readme before any install to see what has changed.

Comment

I did in fact do a Restore after the install, I would think that the installation process should of warned me or the Readme should of warned me. I always read the readme before any install to see what has changed.
                      Yes, NT support, please update the release notes to mention the updated skin templates, which have caused the "required key missing" errors.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by GLFX005, Today, 09:31 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post GLFX005
                      by GLFX005

Started by FAQtrader, 04-25-2024, 12:00 PM
                      17 responses
                      0 likes