EMA across multiple charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMA across multiple charts

I have multiple tabs containing the same instrument on different timeframes. I want to load up an EMA indicator on the 4 hour chart and have it plotted on my 30 minute chart as well. But I would like to see it plotted on the 30 minute chart according to the 4 hour data.

If you get what I mean?
    Achievable?

Hello Grantx,

Unfortunately this is not supported. However this is possible if both the 30 minute and 4 hour data series are added in the same chart tab. Please see the link below for information when working with multiple data series.

When you configure the indicator in the Indicator menu, you need to set 'Input series' to the Close price of the 4 Hour data series. However you will set 'Panel' to the same panel that plots the 30 Minute data series. This will calculate the indicator on 4 Hour bars, but it will be plotted on the 30 Minute bars.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Grantx,

Unfortunately this is not supported. However this is possible if both the 30 minute and 4 hour data series are added in the same chart tab. Please see the link below for information when working with multiple data series.

When you configure the indicator in the Indicator menu, you need to set 'Input series' to the Close price of the 4 Hour data series. However you will set 'Panel' to the same panel that plots the 30 Minute data series. This will calculate the indicator on 4 Hour bars, but it will be plotted on the 30 Minute bars.
      Thanks for your answer.
      It would be really great if this functionality was added in. no biggie though.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Patlpp, 08-16-2021, 03:10 PM
      11 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
      Started by DawnTreader, Yesterday, 05:58 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby