Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A basic requirements wich NT8 is missing

Hello,

The image and video below are equivalent of 1000 words spoken. Hope it is understandable.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Attached Files

To summarize the video, there are some platforms which contain all windows within one 'main' window which is comparable to NinjaTrader's Control Center having all charts, superDOMs, etc. within it which can then be minimized as one instead of the current behavior which is that each window is its own individual window.

Thanks for the feedback. I will forward this to the Development Team as a feature request.

First, I notice you have the Control Center maximized. This is not necessary and the Control Center can be resized on your screen as you see fit.

Also, you can use the Windows features which are available when SHIFT+Right-clicking on the NinjaTrader icon when it is open:

Using 'restore all windows' will bring all NinjaTrader windows into view. Using 'minimize all windows' will minimize all NinjaTrader windows.

Additionally, the tabbed windows and multiple workspaces can be used to maximize the efficiency of your available screen space. Here are links with more information:

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      To summarize the video, there are some platforms which contain all windows within one 'main' window which is comparable to NinjaTrader's Control Center having all charts, superDOMs, etc. within it which can then be minimized as one instead of the current behavior which is that each window is its own individual window.

Thanks for the feedback. I will forward this to the Development Team as a feature request.
      Thank you. I did already what you show in screencast. but let be honest, it's a some kind of improvisation .

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      First, I notice you have the Control Center maximized. This is not necessary and the Control Center can be resized on your screen as you see fit.

Also, you can use the Windows features which are available when SHIFT+Right-clicking on the NinjaTrader icon when it is open:

Using 'restore all windows' will bring all NinjaTrader windows into view. Using 'minimize all windows' will minimize all NinjaTrader windows.

Additionally, the tabbed windows and multiple workspaces can be used to maximize the efficiency of your available screen space. Here are links with more information:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...paces_menu.htm
      I need visualize multiple pairs and every pair on multiple timeframes. You know, that request many windows opened and tabed windows does not fit my needs.

There should be an option introduced in a window to Detachate the current window(or workspace) from the main window and viceversa. That's all what is needed. Once the window/s are detached then it should appear like NT8 appear in present. Once are re-atached to the main window, then everything should minimize /maximize with the main window.

Finally, You got the idea

Comment

Hello,

I would like to add my vote to the request for such a feature for NT8.

I am currently trying to set up VirtualWin so that I can have several virtual desktops on my computer with my various NT8 windows on a different virtual desktop so that they can be quickly minimised and maximised. Are you aware of any conflicts between NT8 and virtual desktops, as when I first tried it and then closed the virtual desktops, I experienced lots of errors when I restarted NT8?

Comment

I have added your vote to SFT-1278

We have not internally tested NinjaTrader's compatibility with 'VirtualWin' so this is a unknown. Since we have not tested this internally it would technically be unsupported.

Are you using Windows 10? If so, there is a built-in multi-desktop capability:

Even with Windows built-in multi-desktop tool there are some limitations which cannot be supported. However, I will submit a feature request for expanded support for multiple desktops.

Comment

Thank you, PatrickG.

I am using Win7, which does not have a built-in multi-desktop capability, hence my need for something like VirtualWin.

Comment

@GeorgeW
              I used to use VirtuaWin under Windows 7 with NT 7 because there was no out-of-the box virtual desktop in Windows 7. Then I switched to Windows 10 and NT 8. The Windows 10 virtual desktop is not as much as powerful than VirtuaWin but it is enough for what I need at the moment - which is essentially having all the NT windows in 1 virtual desktop (3 screens) and automatically opened where they were when NT was stopped. I strongly encourage you to move to Windows 10 and try to see if its Virtual Desktop fills your needs.
              Best regards,
              Fabrice

Comment

Thanks Fabrice,

I'll take a look at Win10 when I upgrade my computer.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by RaddiFX, Today, 10:15 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post RaddiFX
                by RaddiFX

Started by patrickmlee007, Today, 09:33 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes