Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello yeshe,

Thank you for the update.

You would have to cause the platform to Reload the Historical Data as simply restarting the platform doesn't cause it.
    • When I tested, I had to Right-click and Reload all Historical Data for the gap to disappear from my chart.

If you have access to the NinjaTrader connection or another data provider with this data, you could drag that one day of historical data out of the folder and then connect to your live connection and re-download just that 1 day of Historical Data and test if the gap continues.

Or, connect to your live account with a chart that has enough "Days to load" to go all the way back to that date and then Right-click and select "Reload all historical data"

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello clayton,

as i said before i don't want to get data from any data provider, for the reason that i have build up this dataset carefully with my own checks to be sure there are no mistakes and errors like the one this thread is about.

also. the missing holiday is already on my harddrive so it does not need to be reloaded again from a data provider.
      see below the nt8 historical data and you will see all the minutes (in my timezone) are available:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	88
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1271526

so i changed the template like you suggested. Why does nt8 not use the data now from 02/04/2021 from my harddrive to fill the gap

thank you in advance

Comment

Hello yeshe,

Thank you for the update.

Please send us an email with your historical data attached so we can import it into our platform and perform the same test with your data.
        • When we test this using the default data and connections, everything works as expected. So, we need to figure out if this is specific to the data you are using or something else.

Please use the following steps to send your log and trace files to the support team directly from your NinjaTrader Platform so we may investigate this behavior further:
        • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
        • To: Set this to "Platform Technical Support"
        • Enter the Subject as: Clayton ATTN 04078396
        • Compress all the files you want to attach into a single folder and then attach that compressed folder
        • Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
        • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
          • Send the email
        If the file is too big to send via normal email, please send the files via the publicly available service https://www.wetransfer.com/ or https://www.sendspace.com/.
        • Send them to: Support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com
        • Ensure to include "Clayton ATTN 04078396" in the subject.
        We look forward to your reply.​
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello clayton,

The issue is diffierent

when opening a chart with minute data 02/04/2021 is fully there.

when running the strategy analyzer 02/04/2021 is not there.

for tradinghours instrument settings is used on both chart and strategyanalyzer

how is this possible?

Comment

Hello yeshe,

Please make sure that you have the same trading hours template selected in both the chart and backtest tool. If you do and you are still seeing problems you will need to reload the data.
            1. Please do the following:
            2. Exit NinjaTrader
            3. Open the folder Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db
            4. Remove the Cache folder
            5. Start the platform.

If you imported your own data you would need to reimport the data and then use a chart to verify the data was modified based on the trading hours. If you use the historical data server you can just do reload historical data from a chart.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello jesse
              deleting the cache folder worked.
              can you explain why before deleting the cache folder there was a difference between a regular chart and the chart in the strategyanalyzer?
              to summarize:
              i changed the holidays in the trading hours template. after that the gap was gone in the regular chart but after that running the strategyanalyzer there was still the gap.

after changing holidays in the trading hours template should i always delete the cache folder to not have this problem?

Comment

Hello yeshe,

The platform normally requests data which rebuilds the cache automatically, if you imported your own data you need to do that manually if you make changes to the trading hours or data.

The normal process for loading data is all server based.

Comment

thank you for explaining but still not clear.

how can there be a difference between the strategyanalyzer chart and the regular chart?

is the regular chart using the cache folder and the strategyanalyzer the minute folder?
                  after the holiday changes to the trading hours the new template got changed only for the cache folder and not for the minute folder? If so then every change to holiday tradinghours the cache folder needs to be deleted and the platform restarted, for the holiday change to be effective?

please your clarity.

Comment

Hello yeshe,

If deleting the cache means it worked that means the test you were doing was using the cache.

Because you are manually importing data and not using the normal reload features of the platform you can encounter situations where the cache is not rebuilt. If you make modifications to the data or related components you will have to manually delete the cache or reload the data. Normally you just reload a chart and that does that process for you with the server data.

Comment

thanks almost clear

your answer is about a change in data. but in this case it was a change in template overlay of the data filtering the data for holidays. after this change the regular chart got adjusted towards this new template and the gap in the chart was not there anymore. But the gap was still there in the strategy analyzer. Why does nt not change this for both the chart and strategyanalyzer at the same time?

Comment

Hello yeshe,

Any change in data meaning trading hour templates or the data its self would constitute reloading the data. Because you are manually importing data you need to do that process yourself any time you make changes to the data.

The platform is not performing any reloading of data because you manually imported data. It only does those tasks when using server based data which most users use. In the small percent of users who manually import datasets you would need to clear the cache anytime you make other changes to the data or related features in the platform like trading hours.

Now that you have solved the problem you will know that because you are manually importing a data set and not using the platforms reload features if you make changes to the underlying data or its features you will need to clear the cache and restart the platform.

Comment

very clear what to do now regarding the strategy analyzer: clear cache and restart the platform
                          but still strange that the effect of the holiday change worked for the regular chart without reload and without clearing cache and restarting the platform

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
                          45 responses
                          3 likes
                          Last Post johntraderuser2  
                          Started by TAJTrades, Today, 09:46 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post TAJTrades