Platform Instability and Glitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Platform Instability and Glitches

I am so frustrated with NT8, the 2nd version since coming out of beta. For two months since I've been using NT, I have had dozens of problems, not one or two or six. The program often won't load, has caching issues, stops working and locks up, shuts down instananeously, and what kind of NT support responses do I get? Delete all historical data, delete the UI file, rebuilt workspaces, reinstall, try in safe mode, and so on. I'm so exhausted after rebuilding workspaces and doing all these things, sending log and trace files to support, and not being able to rely on NT8 as a trading platform. All I want to do is trade, and that is hard enough without having to deal daily with glitches and problems that "we cannot reproduce the problem." When will NT8 be stable? 6 months from now? A year from now? I know I'm whining, but I'm trying to trade, and if NT8 isn't ready for us, why was it rolled out? I'm thinking I have no choice but to go back to NT7. I hate to do that, but 8 has so many glitches and problems, it is scary when I think about entering a trade. Very frustrating, and to be honest support at NT is almost no help at all. Sorry, but that is the honest to God truth. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings here, but I paid a thousand dollars and have put a tremendous amount of time and energy into this program, and it is full of holes. God, what a nightmare this has turned out to be for a serious trader. Look, if anyone can give me some hope or encouragement, please do. I could use it about now if I'm going to hang in there with NT.

I am the Platform Support Team Lead and I'm here to make sure all your questions and concerns are addressed.

I understand your frustrations with the platform. Our only goal on the Support Team is to make sure NinjaTrader is working correctly.

I see your email which you wrote in this morning. My colleague recommended starting in safe mode to troubleshoot the issue but received no response. Safe mode helps us eliminate variables so it is easier to determine the root of the issue.

Looking through the log and trace files you provided in that email, I see that there are errors just prior to the crash which reference custom NinjaScript software. The platform rarely crashes for absolutely no reason, so we need to troubleshoot based on the information which is provided in your files. Right now, this points to custom NinjaScript which you are using.

I'll be following up with you via that email so we can further troubleshoot.

Comment

I did reply. I was instructed to send my trace and log files to Alan, and I did that. You know one of the big sales pitches for NT is that it is built for 3rd party tools and indicators, and it seems every time there is a glitch, you blame 3rd parties. I've talked to the developers of my third party indicators, and they all say their programs passed their NT tests with compilers and testing. You can't keep blaming 3rd parties. NT8 has many programming glitches.
      Last edited by ChuckM; 12-30-2016, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Looks like you had two tickets in our system which are now merged. We replied a few moments ago and requested a call. We'll be able to get to the root of the issue on a remote session.

Comment

In may case the crash issue (Ninjatrader has stopped working, Problem Event Name: CLR20r3) has been resolved by removing the following update on Win7 Pro 64bit:
          KB2912390 (Vulnerability in Direct2D Could Allow Remote Code Execution). You can do it by going to the control panel-->programs and features-->view installed updates-->click on an update and then uninstall. Also, you can search from the view installed updates window (right upper corner) by typing KB291
          Also, I had the same issue on a Win8 64bit computer and I removed the following updates to fix the issue: KB2912390 KB2893294 KB2892074. I didn't have time to find the specific update that causes the issue but I'm assuming it was KB2912390. I hope it helps.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888
          by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes