Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Historical Trade Execution Markers Are Moving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Trade Execution Markers Are Moving!

I am running the latest version 8.0.2.0

Trade execution markers for completed trades are moving across my chart as each new bar forms!!! The prices appear to be correct but the markers are not anchored to the bars where the trade occurred.

It is happening on both volume and time based charts. Is any one else experiencing this issue?

Hello,

Thank you for writing in today.

So I may better look into this issue could you answer me the following:

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Who is your broker?

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?

Could you provide me with instructions on how you are submitting the orders? I.E. Are these manual trades submitted with Chart Trader?

Could you provide a screen shot of the chart and a screen shot of the Executions tab in the Control Center?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

See here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-8

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

See here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/

I look forward to your reply.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for writing in today.

So I may better look into this issue could you answer me the following:

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Who is your broker?

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?

Could you provide me with instructions on how you are submitting the orders? I.E. Are these manual trades submitted with Chart Trader?

Could you provide a screen shot of the chart and a screen shot of the Executions tab in the Control Center?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

See here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-8

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

See here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/

I look forward to your reply.
      • Data supplier was a CQG demo account. This was connected first.
      • Broker was Interactive Brokers demo account
      • The issued occurred on both ES March 17 and CL Jan 17 contracts.
      • These were manual trades entered using chart trader with basic ATM stops and targets
      • I had been attempting to give the latest version of NT8 a robust tryout to see if reliability had improved enough to consider using it to trade live. The dozen or so crashes and freezes I have had in the last 24 hours suggest I am currently worse off than I was with 8.0.1. I now need to progressively remove some of the third party indicators to see if they are contributing to the crashes. This is probably a separate issue to this trade marker problem.
      • I have attached a screenshot of the ES March 17 contract showing the issue. All the markers on the RHS of the chart are for trades taken many hours before the capture. I saw the same issue on charts of other securities.
      • I have also attached a copy of some of the ES executions
      • My PC is set to US Eastern Time
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FMtrader View Post
        • Data supplier was a CQG demo account. This was connected first.
        • Broker was Interactive Brokers demo account
        • The issued occurred on both ES March 17 and CL Jan 17 contracts.
        • These were manual trades entered using chart trader with basic ATM stops and targets
        • I had been attempting to give the latest version of NT8 a robust tryout to see if reliability had improved enough to consider using it to trade live. The dozen or so crashes and freezes I have had in the last 24 hours suggest I am currently worse off than I was with 8.0.1. I now need to progressively remove some of the third party indicators to see if they are contributing to the crashes. This is probably a separate issue to this trade marker problem.
        • I have attached a screenshot of the ES March 17 contract showing the issue. All the markers on the RHS of the chart are for trades taken many hours before the capture. I saw the same issue on charts of other securities.
        • I have also attached a copy of some of the ES executions
        • My PC is set to US Eastern Time

Following my last post I have just reloaded a CL chart to show trades taken many hours ago. The trade markers on this chart are still all incorrectly plotting on the RHS of the chart but are now spread over the last 15 bars or so. When I was trading live all the markers were on the last chart bar only.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FMtrader View Post
          Following my last post I have just reloaded a CL chart to show trades taken many hours ago. The trade markers on this chart are still all incorrectly plotting on the RHS of the chart but are now spread over the last 15 bars or so. When I was trading live all the markers were on the last chart bar only.

Latest update

If I select sim101 account instead of Interactive Brokers the chart markers appear to plot properly based on a quick trial I just completed. This therefore suggests the chart marker problem is associated with the interface to IB's Trader Workstation. I am running version 954 as recommended in NT's connection guides.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Please send me your database, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support...

Ensure to check 'Database file' and ' Log and trace files'.

Within the body of the form, please leave a message "Attention Jim."

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I finally found the cause of this issue.

For those of you that use NT8 to connect to IB's Trader Wokstation make sure that the default time zone settings in intial IB log in screen match your PC time zone settings.

About a year ago I changed my PC time zone to US Eastern instead of my local Australian time zone. Unfortunately IB's Trader Workstation had saved my original time zone settings and as such was time stamping all trades in local time and not PC time. Since NT8 displays PC time on the bottom axis it appears it was attempting to plot executed trades somewhere out in the future! My local time zone is currently 15.5 hours ahead of US Eastern time so all historical executed trades were plotting on the last bar and moving forward as each new bar formed.

Comment

Hello FMtrader,

I am glad you were able to resolve your issue with Trader Work Station's timezone affecting your plot execution markers.

Also, thank you for sharing your experience on the forum and helping us to fully understand this issue.

If you have any other NinjaTrader questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes