X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FMtrader View Post
    Thanks Justin

Will upgrade and let you know.
    OK, have installed R2 and found the following when using the standard Win 10 multi-monitor taskbar setting:
    • charts still partially overlap(about 60%) the task bars on all non primary monitors.
    • when charts are maximized from the taskbar button they are still "see through" on three of my monitors as detailed in my original beta posting. By "see through" I mean that only the chart border is visible. The chart space is simply showing the dektop below
    • the original issue of charts maximising slightly past the borders of a monitor appear to have gone
    • the chart taskbar button doesn't follow the chart to a new monitor when the chart is dragged

If I use Display Fusion multi-monitor software in lieu of the Win 10 method I get similar results with one exception. If I drag a maximised chart window to another monitor it increases in size slightly to be larger that the monitor size! This only seems to happen with NT8 charts

Comment

Hello,
      Thank you for your post.

I would like to investigate this a little more in depth.

Please send me your log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
      You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
      Ensure to check 'Database file' and ' Log and trace files'.

Please include a link to the forum post so that our team may merge the request.

I look forward to assisting further.
      Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unresolved Graphics Problem

Originally posted by Joe_T View Post
        Windows 10 says I have the latest graphics driver for my card, and when I run a dxdiag, it says I have DirectX12. I do not have this problem on the desktop PC, only on the laptop. The laptop runs a screen resolution of 1366 x 768, by default, which is even greater than the minimum requested guidelines for hardware.

I consider this matter unresolved.
        I have not received a response to this graphics problem. When I check the log and trace files, I see that the trace files say this:

"2017-02-08 09:03:44:476 Failed to initialize DirectX device: HRESULT: [0x80004002], Module: [General], ApiCode: '

My integrated Intel HD graphics card is DirectX 9 and 10 compliant, and is running DirectX 12 under Windows 10. Why isn't NT 8.0.4 starting DirectX on my laptop? All other programs graphics work well on this Windows 10 laptop except NinjaTrader.

Thanks,
        Joe_T

Comment

Hello Joe,

Thank you for the reply.

As this matter is still continuing I would like to take a closer look.

Please send your log and trace files so that I may look into this further.
          You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sent. Thanks for taking a look at it.

Joe_T.

Comment

Laptop Graphics Issues Resolved by V8.0.5

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JustinS View Post
              Hello Joe,

Thank you for the reply.

As this matter is still continuing I would like to take a closer look.

Please send your log and trace files so that I may look into this further.

I am happy to note that version 8.0.5 seems to have resolved all of the graphics problems with my laptop and DirectX. This is not only verified by the actual laptop, screen and window performance, but also by the Trace files. The Trace files now report DirectX rendering has been started, where before the Trace files showed there was a DirectX error.

Good job guys & gals!
              Thanks!
              Joe_T

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM