How to Edit SMA when it isn't listed in Edit Indicator section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Edit SMA when it isn't listed in Edit Indicator section

I don't really want to edit it, but I downloaded a different indicator and I messed up and hit "use the old SMA file" or whatever and now I can't add any other indicators. I am getting the "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File" warning. So I am trying to remove references to the SMA from the 6 indicators that seemed to be affected. I tried to remove the initial indicator that is causing the problem but I can't even find it listed anywhere in any NT files.

Originally posted by BottomShark77 View Post
    I don't really want to edit it, but I downloaded a different indicator and I messed up and hit "use the old SMA file" or whatever and now I can't add any other indicators. I am getting the "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File" warning. So I am trying to remove references to the SMA from the 6 indicators that seemed to be affected. I tried to remove the initial indicator that is causing the problem but I can't even find it listed anywhere in any NT files.
    The 6 indicators that have problems are:

1- Bollinger
    2- BOP
    3- DMI
    4- DMindex
    5- Keltner Channel
    6- MA Envelopes
    7- RSI

I guess there are 7.

Errors when I try to compile say, ADX are:

"SMA exists in both files" (2 different files) in most if not all of the 7 indicators listed above.
    "SMA is used as a variable" in most if not all of the 7 indicators listed above.

Comment

Originally posted by BottomShark77 View Post
      I can't remember if I picked the old SMA file or the new SMA file when downloading the new file. Do you have any idea which one I would of picked that caused this problem? I don't want to do all this over again.

Comment

Can you include a screenshot of the compile errors?

Comment

Not too sure. I don't have SnagIt on my new machine yet. :-(

Comment

Write in to PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com and we can remotely connect to resolve the issues.

Please provide a link to this thread in your email for context

Comment

I sent the email.

Comment

Your email was received and we will continue troubleshooting via email and remote support.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by amousaber, Yesterday, 09:30 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by PopovDS, Yesterday, 11:17 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH