Include info of dataseries when saving image in NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Include info of dataseries when saving image in NT8

When saving a chart image in NT7, the info about the chart being saved is always include in the image. But this info is no longer included in charts saved in NT8.

Please add back an option to have this info included in chart images saved in NT8. This is a very useful and important feature in organizing all the screenshots.

Thanks.

NT7

NT8
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

I'm happy to submit this as a Feature Request to be considered as a possible change in future releases of the platform. Thanks for your feedback!
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Some additional information on this item. You could also edit the Tab name of the chart you're taking the image from to reflect the desired information. This would then be included in the image save in the lower left section of the screen,-- below our copyright.
      Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for pointing this workaround out. However while it's possible to show all the dataseries info using this method, it's still not possible to show the date of the chart automatically as in NT7. Also the text for the info is so small and faint that I could hardly read it at all. And even if adding the date to the tab is possible, this would make the tabs names so long that they would take up a lot of space on the chart window and subsequently only handful of tabs can be shown without having to scroll around to find them. So I still think it's best to have an option to show this info prominently in the screenshot itself as in NT7. Thanks.

Comment

I concur this is needed, but I have found a better work-around. I use a Ninjascript Indicator to put a fixed text label on the chart (using the Draw.TextFixed() method). The text label could be of your choosing - like your name - but the result is that it places the dataseries name and time frame of the chart, prominently in the upper left corner of the chart. And, when you save the chart image, the chart name and time series are then easily visible.

Unfortunately, it also contains the name of the indicator you created, but you could also trim the return string within the script to eliminate the extra indicator label if you desire.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post futtrader  
          Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid