Historical data does not update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data does not update

Every time I start NT8, I do not see accurate historical data for past several hours. Just see 1 candle for past several hours.

If I watch chart for a while, and new candles appear, then change time frames, all the candles disappear, then only see 1 candle again.

The problem is only with GC 02-17, although I've had the same problem with CL in the past.

I've never been able to fix this problem, and have had to just trade a different instrument until the problem goes away.

I'm trading with TopStepTrader with Rhythmic data.

Please advise, as the problem makes it impossible to trade the instrument.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us to report this item.

These sorts of items can be related to a few different causes.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20161129.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

the problem went away.

It would be helpful to post the potential causes and solutions to the problem, as I'm sure it will happen again, as it has repeatedly been an issue in NT7 and NT8

Comment

Hello,

This could be caused by multiple items, so these cases are typically best investigated on a case to case basis.

However, in any case, don't hesitate to follow up on the Forum with any additional information you may find.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
          Hello,

This could be caused by multiple items, so these cases are typically best investigated on a case to case basis.

However, in any case, don't hesitate to follow up on the Forum with any additional information you may find.
          So far NT has been a huge disappointment. After many years of trading with various platforms, I've never had so many issues with a trading platform, both with NT7 and NT8. NT is by far the worst experience I've had.

The cost of NT, on top of the fact that it always feels like a beta (un-tested) version, is making me want to investigate other viable options for my trading.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

My name is Drew, the Level II Lead Hand covering evenings for Platform Support. I'm sorry to hear that you're frustrated with some of the behavior you've experienced while using the platform so far. I can definitely understand that frustration, and I'm confident we can work together to resolve any of these items.

I have responded to your secondary Forum posting, regarding some order submission items. In addition to this, I'm happy to address any other items that come up. We're committed to making sure you're comfortable with the platform before going live.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses