Dom Tabs Renamed when Placing order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dom Tabs Renamed when Placing order

I have 4 seperate Tabbed Doms with different ATM's Set. The Name of the Tab is set to use #Instrument and #ATM. When I place an order on the Dom All the names change to the ATM in use. If I want to have an add-on order with a different ATM how do I find it now that you renamed them.

Jerry

Hello Jerry,

Once you select a different ATM template in one of the other tabs, the tab name will reflect this other ATM template name.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Are you Kidding. I set up the tabs with a particular ATM Strategy and Then if I use one
      All the others are reset and Have to be set again. This is beyond ridiculous. It is useless.

Jerry

Comment

Unfortunately if you have the same instrument selected in all 4 tabs and you set the tab name to "instrument + atm", all tabs will show the same ATM template name once you get into a position.

However if you first select the desired ATM template in each tab and then submit an entry order with an ATM in one tab, the other tabs will continue to display the ATM template name that is selected.

If no ATM template is selected and you submit an entry order with an ATM strategy in one of the tabs, the other tabs will show the same ATM template name.

Comment

You guys found a way to make Dom Tabs USELESS.
          And you are not correctly Describing what occurs, It doesn't just change the Name, It changes the selected ATM for all the Doms.
          Last edited by JerryWar; 11-21-2016, 06:31 AM.

Comment

You can give the tabs a custom name you like in order to differentiate them. So do not choose a setting from the Tab name list, but just type a name you like.

Comment

It does not matter how you name them. The ATM is Still
              Changed it just does not display the Changed ATM in the Name . In NT7 I used 3 Doms overlayed to use
              different ATMs. WHY have you changed that? Just because they are tabbed ?

Comment

Can you please right click in the SuperDOM and select 'Properties'. Set 'ATM strategy selection mode' to 'Display selected ATM strategy'. Please do the same for all tabs. Subsequently the ATM strategy selection will not change in other tabs if you submit an order with an ATM strategy in one of the tabs.

Comment

This means I cannot manage all my orders for one Symbol on One Dom Further there is a bug
                  in this. If you switch Doms and come back to manage on the Dom that you placed an Order the Single Click order modiification no longer works. this is just going further and further down the rabbit hole.

Comment

Thank you for reporting. I have not been able to reproduce it so far. I will continue to test to find a reproducible scenario. If you are able to reproduce the issue consistently when specific steps are performed, please let me know what exact steps you take.

Comment

Absolutely reproducible. I have 4 tabbed Doms
                      Same Account
                      Same Instrument
                      4 Different ATM 5 Tick target, 10 Tick, 20 Tick , 30 Tick
                      All with Single Click enabled.
                      All with Displayed selected ATM as you requested.
                      Single Click no longer works. I think it has to do with renaming
                      So I deleted dom .
                      Created new one.
                      Now Single click works and Orders Show on all doms except One .
                      I just placed an order on different DOM. Order shows, single click works but
                      Orders do not show on any other doms.

HOW COME ?? This is crazy
                      Way too many bugs. Setting are all the same except ATM.

Jerry
                      Last edited by JerryWar; 11-21-2016, 08:56 AM.

Comment

I setup 4 SuperDOMs like you describe, but single click order modification continues to function. If you restart NinjaTrader, are you still unable to use single click order modification?

When you created the new SuperDOM, did you set 'ATM strategy selection mode' to 'Display selected ATM strategy'?
                        Attached Files

Comment

You have 4 separate doms Not 4 Dom tabs.
                          When there are separate doms this problem does not happen.
                          Its when they are Tabbed that the orders show on some and not on others.
                          and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Its buggy. I have not errors in my logs
                          Deleting the dom and all its tabs seems to have fixed it somewhat but not completely.
                          I will restart ninja during Noon hour but I don't trust it. The single click stops working
                          and the scroll stops as well If you center price or change focus. I can't trade under those conditions.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for your post,

I have tested this extensively on my and and unfortunately are also unable to reproduce.

I too will continue to test to find a method to narrow down this behavior.

If you are able to reproduce the issue when specific steps are performed, please let me know detailed steps so I may try on my end.

We look forward to assisting further.
                            Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I created 4 Tabs with separate ATM's I further created 3 templates 1 for each ATM strategy selection mode. So I could test each for the issues I am seeing. There was no consistency in resulting issues. I deleted the dom with multiple tabs and created a new one and just traded with one tab. Then at lunch time I decided to test again. So I loaded the templates which had worked previously. None of the templates created will load. So I restarted Ninja and tried again. None of the templates I created will load. This is like banging your head against the wall. The further you go the more that doesn't work. Let me add that I have no errors in my log or trace file that I can see.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                              123 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post SilverSurfer1  
                              Started by warpinator, Yesterday, 10:44 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post warpinator