Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuous Contract chart blank

Hi

I am having trouble seeing data for my continuous contract charts on NT8. I am using CQG data.

Using the same data feed, it works fine on NT7. I am also using the same symbol in NT8 as I am in NT7.

In NT7, if I type in "ES ##-##" it opens up the ES chart.

In NT8, when I do this there is no data on the chart and I get the following error message in the log:

Failed to resolve instrument for market data: F.US.CLE.F00 could not be resolved.

Thanks

Hello timbrown99,

Unfortunately this is as expected. Continuous contracts do not load historical data in NinjaTrader 8 when connected to NinjaTrader Continuum/CQG. This is supported in NinjaTrader 7. The error informs no realtime data can be received as realtime data for continuous contracts is not supported either.

Please use individual expiry months instead. By default, NinjaTrader merges historical data from previous expiry month if enough historical data is requested.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If I was using Kinetik for historical data would this be supported like it was in NT7

Comment

Hello James108,

Yes, realtime and historical data is still supported for continuous contracts with Kinetick in NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

If I want continuous contract data with my RITHMIC, what do I do?
          Do I need another data feed?

Comment

Hello peregrine,

You can load historical continuous data when connected to Rithmic. However realtime data for continuous contracts is not supported. To receive realtime data for continuous contracts, you would need to connect to an additional data feed such as Kinetick.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello timbrown99,

Unfortunately this is as expected. Continuous contracts do not load historical data in NinjaTrader 8 when connected to NinjaTrader Continuum/CQG. This is supported in NinjaTrader 7. The error informs no realtime data can be received as realtime data for continuous contracts is not supported either.

Please use individual expiry months instead. By default, NinjaTrader merges historical data from previous expiry month if enough historical data is requested.
              I have tried this but I cannot load a long term chart of any kind. I have IQfeed data.

Comment

Hello diver,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the locations below.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8-->trace

Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Continuous Contract chart blank' in the subject header.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Hello diver,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the locations below.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8-->trace

Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Continuous Contract chart blank' in the subject header.
                  ok Jason, sent

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                  Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes