Desktop Icon Corrupts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop Icon Corrupts

Hi - I'm wondering if anyone can confirm this behavior in Windows 10. Install new NT8 v 8.0.1.0, as typical. Two icons will be installed on the desktop: one for the 32-bit version, and one for the 64-bit version. Then, delete the icon for the 32-bit version by right-click, and shift+del to delete it permanently. The 64-bit icon remains. Then, open and close the program a few times using the 64-bit icon (on a 64-bit machine), and the icon corrupts and becomes a blank icon. This is not the way NT7's icons worked. One could delete the 32-bit icon from the desktop with no impact on the 64-bit icon.

I tried rebuilding icon database in Windows 10, and re-starting, but there was no change. The only method to have the 64-bit icon appear properly was to re-install the program and leave both icons on the desktop. (I did not try the reverse : deleting only the 64-bit icon.)

Thanks,
    Joe

Joe
    Interesting - I haven't tried this yet but Let me add a twist that I noticed. When I first install or Reinstall
    the and put the 64 bit Icon on my task Bar it is totally blank until I click on it and run it for the first time.
    then the Icon gets its bitmap.

Jerry

Comment

I have 8.0.1.0 installed on windows 10 pro x64, since the latest release came out. Several reboots since (installed anniversary update, etc).

I deleted my 32 bit NT8 shortcut icon, and open and close NT8 64 bit 6 times. Nothing is different.
      Icon is still there on desktop.

Comment

Thanks for the info with Windows 10 Pro. This is with Windows 10 Home, not Pro.

Comment

Hello Joe_T,

There have been reports that Windows 10 has corrupted icons for many programs including NinjaTrader (and often Google Chrome).

You can remake the shortcut from the target file and this should create the shortcut with the proper icon.

Navigate to:

Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64\
          Right-click the NinjaTrader.exe file -> select Send to -> Desktop (Create shortcut)
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Critical_Catch, 05-19-2024, 08:35 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Ultrageuss  
          Started by Human#102, 05-20-2024, 05:18 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes