Market Replay ( PlayBack )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay ( PlayBack )

I am trying to do Market Replay and I keep getting that I have been disconnected from the historical data Server. Does NT8 require and internet connection to its servers to do Market Replay ? Then why do we have to download Replay data ? What is going on here?

See attached picture.

Jerry
    Attached Files

Originally posted by JerryWar View Post
    I am trying to do Market Replay and I keep getting that I have been disconnected from the historical data Server. Does NT8 require and internet connection to its servers to do Market Replay ? Then why do we have to download Replay data ? What is going on here?

See attached picture.

Jerry
    We are doing maintenance on historical servers. No, NinjaTrader 8 does not require a connection for Market Replay unless of course, you are trying to download data.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am not trying to download data. I keep getting this message and my playback stops.
      Please explain the message I posted and why it stops my playback if I don't need a connection to your servers for playback why do I have to disconnect and reconnect playback in order to run again.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by JerryWar View Post
        I am not trying to download data. I keep getting this message and my playback stops.
        Please explain the message I posted and why it stops my playback if I don't need a connection to your servers for playback why do I have to disconnect and reconnect playback in order to run again.

Jerry
        You shouldn't have to. I will report this for further investigation.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray
          To be more exact about this occurance. Playback thinks it is still running the time on the playback control keeps changing but the data on the chart does not and there so no data whatsoever on the Dom when this occurs.

thanks
          Jerry

Comment

Hello Jerry,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tested this on my end and after the connection to the historical data server is reported to be lost, Playback continues to function without issue. As time advances new bars are formed.

We will need to further narrow down what is different on your end that is resulting in this.

As a test, can you close out all of your workspaces and open a new test workspace. Open a 1 minute chart with no custom add-ons and connect to Playback. Start replaying the data and disconnect from the internet (unplug your ethernet cable and/or disable your wireless connection).

Does it continue to function? If so, do the same test with your workspace once again and see if it continues to work.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon,
              I will go thru that after market hours, but first please explain to me WHY I got a message in my log telling me I was disconnected from the data server when I was not connected to your Data Server. I was connected to Playback or Is Ninja Spying on our Playbacks. See the pic in my first post.

Jerry

Comment

Hello Jerry,
                Thanks for your reply.
                When you start NinjaTrader you are automatically connected to the playback server. This way if you decided to download playback data, you are connected. No information about your playback tests are ever sent out.

Comment

Brandom
                  It worked fine with no indicators but when I loaded my charts it Again this crashed my computer. See attached. I think it just took a while before it tried to access license server.
                  Keep in mind I was connected and connected to license server then disconnected and connected to playback. Maybe that is why you could not duplicate.
                  See attached.
                  Jerry
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jerry,
                    Thanks for your reply.
                    Please send int your log and trace files so we can look further into this. You can do this by going to Help> Mail to Support
                    In the message include a link to this forum topic.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by janio973, Yesterday, 07:24 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by AlphaOptions, 06-18-2013, 08:24 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes