Trend Channel Tool Dumbed-down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend Channel Tool - Parallel Line Issue

I did delete the Trend channel tool, and then repaired the Ninja installation via the Windows control panel. Restarted Ninja and checked for fix. Problem remains: Cannot draw added price levels to the trend channel.

Comment

rfjoeyb, thank you for reply and for attempting all the troubleshooting items that I had suggested.

At this point, I would like to setup a remote support session with you to troubleshoot this further.

To do so, please first launch the remote support application by navigating to the Control Center > Help > Remote Support. Once you see an ID and Password, please send these credentials to me through an email and NOT to this forum thread (for security purposes).

To send an email to me, please send to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. In the body of the email, please be sure to type ATTN RILEY and it will be assigned to me after we receive your email.
      Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

rfjoeyb, I have an update and a likely fix!

To troubleshoot, please shut down NinjaTrader 8 and delete your templates that you have for the Trend Channel. Please take the steps below:
        1. Shut Down NinjaTrader 8
        2. Navigate to the Documents > NinjaTrader > templates > Drawing Tool > Trend Channel
        3. Delete all template files you see
        4. Launch NinjaTrader and test to see if you experience the same
        Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Trend Channel Tool - Parallel Line Issue

Riley, Your last suggestion fixed the issue: Deleted the trend channel file and just restarted Ninja. Now that it the added line feature to trend channel tool works, I suspect the issue is that the new version of Ninja 8v2 just reuses the customized tool files from the previous version, 8v1.

When I sort of tried this delete operation this morning , we ran 'repair', but I suspect running repair just reviews and then reloads the previous file if the check code finds no issues. By just deleting the file, the program is forced to find the latest version it has via the previous download. So, I'm glad it's working now since I use this parallel line feature a lot. Thanks again. You might want to post the fix in the normal tread area in case other folks run into this issue. I'm surprised I'm the only one reporting it. Thanks, again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by agclub, 04-21-2024, 08:57 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post agclub
          by agclub

Started by ESHunter, Today, 08:06 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes