Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 execution price shifiting on chart

Hello,

I'm having this issue on my live account (SIM101 works fine), execution labels on the chart on my live account keep shifting to the latest bar instead of remaining fixed on the bar it got executed at.

How do I fix this?
    Attached Files

Hello ashmanz80,

Thank you for your post,

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window by hovering your mouse over the green light.

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?

(For a chart) what interval is selected?

If you are using tick-based chart, this may be expected behavior. See the below section of our help guide for more information.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._are_plott.htm
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello ashmanz80,

Thank you for your post,

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window by hovering your mouse over the green light.

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?

(For a chart) what interval is selected?

If you are using tick-based chart, this may be expected behavior. See the below section of our help guide for more information.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._are_plott.htm
      Hello Eric,

I'm connected to Kinetick for data feed and IB gateway for execution. Trading CL 12-16.Chart is based on Renko bars (though the issue persists on 1 minute bars as well).

The issue happens only when going live, but otherwise works well under sim101 with price execution holding at the bar rather than continuously shifting to the last bar.

Comment

Hello ashmanz80,

Thank you for your reply,

I see, I tested this on my end and the execution markers/labels are staying at a fixed location.

Can you please verify you're on the current release, 8.0.1.0 (check via Help > About) and update if needed.

http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

If you are on the current version and are seeing the same issue with the executions, can you please give me detailed steps you have taken on your end when this occurs? E.g., using Atm Strategies, Automated Strategies or manual orders? I'll use these to replicate the issue on my end.

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
          Hello ashmanz80,

I see, I tested this on my end and the execution markers/labels are staying at a fixed location.

Can you please verify you're on the current release, 8.0.1.0 (check via Help > About) and update if needed.

http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

If you are on the current version and are seeing the same issue with the executions, can you please give me detailed steps you have taken on your end when this occurs? E.g., using Atm Strategies, Automated Strategies or manual orders? I'll use these to replicate the issue on my end.

We look forward to assisting further.
          Hello,

I'm using a custom ATM strategy on NT8.0.1 with IB gateway 960.2B and Kinetic as the data provider. When using Sim mode which uses Kinetic the orders are traced correctly and remain fixed to the execution candle. On the other hand, when I'm trading live, the pointers on the chart for executions, keep shifting to the latest bar.

Comment

Hello ashmanz80,

I attempted on my end but unfortunately could not replicate the issue.

To test, please take the following steps to have NinjaTrader 8 launch in Safe Mode.

1. Close NinjaTrader 8
            2. Hold the Ctrl Key + double click the NinjaTrader 8 icon (best done from the Desktop, continue to hold Ctrl until NT is launched).
            3. When launched, the NinjaTrader 8 splash screen that appears when loading should say Safe Mode.

This will cause NinjaTrader to launch without your saved workspaces and also will Connect on Startup disabled.

Connect via the Connections menu then try opening up a new chart via the New menu. Make sure, when opening the chart, to select <None> from the top right "Load the following chart template" drop down menu.

Please try placing the trades again and let me know the behavior you see.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by quicksandatl, 05-09-2024, 11:11 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post quicksandatl  
            Started by morrnel, 05-12-2024, 06:07 PM
            6 responses
            1 like