Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple contracts without ATR from chart trader

Hi All...

I see than when entering a trade, using the chart trader, I can right click, then select from the menu what I want (buy stop limit or whatever) and then a small thing pops up and from that I can select how many contracts. Say I select 6. Can I then sell just 2 of them? Can I move just some of them up or down? I see that if I use ATM I can set different TP and SL levels, and they will be placed and I can then move them. I'm wondering if I can do it without ATM.

Thanks...

Hello Kraken29,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

You can sell however many contracts you'd like to - simply select the quantity from the quantity selector and take the opposite order. If your initial entry was a buy, you'd sell - if your initial entry was a sell, you'd buy.

Not sure what "Can I move just some of them up or down?" means in this context. You wouldn't be able to change entries for some contracts and not others.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist with!
    Luis H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_LuisH View Post
      Hello Kraken29,

You can sell however many contracts you'd like to - simply select the quantity from the quantity selector and take the opposite order. If your initial entry was a buy, you'd sell - if your initial entry was a sell, you'd buy.
      Thanks but I'm not seeing that behavior, I'm sure I'm missing something. I just tried it, when I right click to take a short position I select "sell stop limit ..." I can then enter the quantity. When I then go to place my stop loss, I right click, select "buy stop market" but this time it does not ask me about quantity. Same when I place my buy market limit order for take profit.

Comment

Hello Kraken29,

Slight change to your order of operations: Place Buy/Sell Order for X quantity, Change quantity for however many contracts you want to close, Place opposite buy/sell order for X quantity (that you want to close).

You are currently trying to close an order and under the false expectation that it'll ask you how many to close.

Thank you!
        Luis H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by oneybuchi2, Today, 03:48 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post oneybuchi2  
        Started by Graci117, 06-19-2024, 01:39 PM
        6 responses