Cannot load NT, can't even install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot load NT, can't even install

Ok so I'm not sure if this has something to do with Onedrive moving files.

I can't load NT, it goes to the 'Verifying files' screen, then closes and nothing. I then tried to download the latest version of NT8 and it stops installing and says there's an error when attempting to create folder. I also tried the old NT install file I had and same deal.

Now, my old NT icon is gone and I can't load/see NT at all when I search windows.

Any ideas?

Hello MrForgetful,

Thank you for your inquiry and for using NinjaTrader!

Can you please post a screenshot of the 'verifying files' screen that you are referring to?
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    ​I look forward to your reply.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well no I can't, as I said, since trying to install the latest version, NT is no longer visible for me. Icon is no longer on desktop and when I search for it nothing shows up.

Comment

Hello MrForgetful,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, I don't recognize what 'Verifying files' means without seeing the exact location and look of the error message because it doesn't appear to be something with NinjaTrader. If your PC cannot create the proper directories when you attempt to install, you may need to go to a PC technician rather than NinjaTrader's support but you can first try using the Microsoft Installation troubleshooter. It can be found here.

If that doesn't work, I'd advise contacting a general PC technician so that they can figure out what the specific problem is on your PC. It seems like it could be a file access problem on your user account.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sofortune, Today, 10:19 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sofortune  
        Started by sofortune, Today, 10:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes