Stop Loss for all positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Loss for all positions

with NT8 Chart Trader is there a way to put a stop loss for all trades for an instrument - eg: I have a strategy keeps adding positions - I want one stop loss for all positions. that possible? thx

Hello port119,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

It would not natively be possible to submit a stop loss order automatically based on submitted orders. As this could also interfere with the strategy's behavior if this occurs in a standalone script, I would suggest implementing this into the strategy itself.

If you have developed this strategy yourself and would like assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.

If it was developed for you and you don't have access to the strategy's source code, please contact the developer directly.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions about this!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi - thanks for the reply - what I'm trying to achieve is ATMs scaling-in stop loss - eg: if i had 1 NQ contract and a SL and I added another contract the SL would adjust to 2 contracts - like how ATM does. is that possible pls? thx

Comment

Hello port119,

To scale into or out of an existing ATM strategy, please select the strategy (marked with the lightning bolt) in the ATM strategy dropdown menu before submitting the order.

You may also change the default behavior (whether you are scaling in and out or submitting a new strategy) in the ChartTrader's settings.

Please take a look at the video below, where I demonstrate the selection mode and scaling in/out:

ATM strategy selection mode

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions about this!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Board game geek, Yesterday, 01:34 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Board game geek  
        Started by Bobin, 03-12-2024, 08:51 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes