Sim Accounts Can't connect or modify.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sim Accounts Can't connect or modify.

The only account that connects is DEMO account. When I try to create a new sim account it disappears from the accounts list. If I create another account it says account name already exists. If I enable multiple connections and I select a new account and click connect it connects to the demo account instead and not to the new account. If I try to altar the starting $ amount in the DEMO account it doesn't give me the option. If I try to delete DEMO account it says disconnect first. If I disconnect the DEMO account it disappears from the accounts list and can't be selected or altered.
    If I go to the web page I can't change delete or altar the DEMO account there either.

All I want to do is change the starting $ amount in the sim account. What am I supposed to do and how do I connect to a new sim account instead of always connecting to the DEMO account when I click the Simulation connection? How do I change or delete the DEMO account on the webpage? .

Hello hazylizard ​,

Thank you for reaching out.

To add and view more local simulation accounts in the latest version of NinjaTrader, you will need to turn on Multi-provider mode first.

Once the platform is open, go to "Tools" -> Options -> and make sure that the "Multi Providers" option is enabled.

Please visit the link below that goes over how to enable Multi Provider Mode on NinjaTrader Desktop.

Then you will see the "Sim101" account appear (default simulation account). You can then also right click and then add additional simulation accounts if you please.

Let us know if we may be of further assistance.​
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've already tried all that. Above I said when I enable multi it still only connects to the DEMO account it does not connect to "sim101" or any other account I create.

Comment

Hello hazylizard ​,

Thank you for your note.

Please send in your log and trace files so that we may look more into what may be occurring.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Make sure to categorize your request at the top.

Ensure 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

If you could also provide a screenshot of what you are seeing, that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, we look forward to helping resolve this issue for you.​
        Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think I might have figured it out. It was connecting but I wasn't changing the account selection in the chart trader window.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PhillT
          by PhillT

Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes