X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error barsAgo when optimizing

Hello,

When optimizing a strategy I get the error:
    "Strategy 'TestStrategy': Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method on bar 63: You are accessing an index with a value that is invalid since it is out-of-range. I.E. accessing a series [barsAgo] with a value of 5 when there are only 4 bars on the chart.​"

If the strategy is executing the 63th bar, why it says "when there are only 4 bars on the chart"?

Thanks

Hello guillembm,

The error gives a generic example of a reason that would be caused, you would need to debug your code to see what specifically happened in your use case. The error does provide details that the error happened in OnBarUpdate and on bar 63 so you have some information to go on for debugging. Its generally suggested to use prints to diagnose this type of error, place prints in the code in various locations and then when you hit the error check what the last print was, that was the last code that successfully executed.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am also getting the error "'SMA' tried to load additional data. All data must first be loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state. Attempted to load AUDUSD Default: 15 Minute"

My code is :

else if (State == State.Configure)
      {
      AddDataSeries(BarsPeriodType.Minute, 15);
      }​

Comment

Hello guillembm,

From the details I would be unsure why that message would appear, the SMA does not use a secondary series. We would need a much more specific example of what code is being used to know why that may be happening. Generally you will see that message if your parent script calls an indicator that uses AddDataSeries in its code but the parent script did not add the same data.

If your primary instrument is not AUDUSD then you would additionally need to do

AddDataSeries("AUDUSD", BarsPeriodType.Minute, 15);
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ageeholdings  
        Started by tony_28217, Today, 07:04 PM
        0 responses