Getting Error While Trying To Login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Error While Trying To Login

Getting this error popping up while logging in that says: Unable to recover NinjaTrader custom assembly Says it can't access one of my documents.
    NinjaTrader 8/bin/custom/Ninjatrader.Vendor.dll" Because it is being used be another process.

Any Clue how to fix this? Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the message.

This normally means that something within Windows or the PC is holding onto one of the NinjaTrader processes and won't let go.

Please use the following steps to stop the background process and then open NinjaTrader:
    • Click the Windows Start Icon > Search for "Command Prompt" > Right-click on Command Prompt > Click "Run as Administrator > Click Yes
    • Either type or copy and paste the text from below exactly as it appears and then press Enter
      • taskkill /im ninjatrader.exe /f

After doing that, try opening NinjaTrader again.

If the same error continues appearing, you will want to reach out to a Windows or PC Technician for further help investigating what is holding onto the Process and what needs to be done to get it to let go and prevent it from happening again moving forward.

Once the error is no longer appearing from Windows, NinjaTrader Support would be able to provide further support and information.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks!
      Now I am getting Error that says unable to load custom assembly. Original version has been restored. You nees to recompile your custom Ninjascript Files.

When I click that message off I get another message that says Unable to load ninjatrader custom assembly. Please reinstall Ninjatrader: Could not find path

Comment

Hello frankthearm,

Thank you for the update.

Please follow the steps below to Repair the Installation of NinjaTrader:
        • Close NinjaTrader
        • Go to the Windows Control Panel (NOT the Apps screen) > Programs and Features (Sometimes "Uninstall a program") > Click NinjaTrader > Click "Repair"
        • Click Next through the prompts until it is Finished and it is done

After repairing, please use the following steps to see where the compile errors are coming from and send that in your response so we may provide more detailed information on how to resolve them:
        • Open NinjaTrader
        • Go to the Control Center > New > NinjaScript Editor > Right-click on the background > Click Compile
        • If any errors appear, make the window full screen and then send us a screenshot of as many of the errors as possible.
          • If you are unsure of how to take a screenshot, I recommend using the Windows Snipping tool.
            • Click on the Windows Icon at the bottom of your screen and type the word "Snip"
            • Click on the Snipping tool, click New, then click and drag around the area you want to screenshot
            • Click File > Save As > Save the screenshot where you can find it
            • Please click here for a video demonstration

Once we have the screenshot we will respond with the specific steps that are needed to make these compile errors go away.

We look forward to your response and resolving your inquiry.​

Comment

That didn't work still getting the same 2 errors popping up.

Comment

Hello frankthearm,

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
            • Close all running applications.
            • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
            • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
            • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
            • Reboot your PC.
            • Once these steps are completed, please log in to your dashboard and download and install NT8:
            ​From here, re-enable Multi-provider mode, and then set your connections back up.
            From here, open NinjaTrader and make sure everything is working as expected.

Now, if you could manually move the old folders and files back into the platform 1-by-1 to narrow in on what was causing the errors.
            • Go to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 Old > Then copy all of the following folders and files to the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder and put them in the exact same place:
              • Config
              • UI
              • Workspaces
              • Templates
              • bin
                • Only move back one of these folders or files at a time and restart NinjaTrader.
                • If the errors come back, that is the folder that was holding the error and you could pull it back out and restart NinjaTrader to avoid it moving forward.

Comment

Thank You! everything worked with no errors. The only problem I have is I don't see my workspaces that I transferred over to the new file.
              Do I need to create new ones?
              Also can I delete the file Ninjatrader 8 OLD now that I did transferred everything to new file?

Comment

Hello frankthearm,

Please make sure that just the Workspace Files are within the new/current "Workspaces" folder and that you didn't put them in as a Sub-folder.
                • If so, manually move the files one level higher into the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Workspaces folder and then restart the platform and they should be visible.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	154.8 KB ID:	1300105

Finally, we use the "Old" naming convention instead of outright deleting things as that gives NinjaTrader Support a backup that we could manually pull files out of if needed.
                • By simply changing the name of certain things, it causes NinjaTrader to not see it anymore and makes new files.

I would suggest waiting to delete the old files until you are 100% sure there is nothing in there you need still. Once you Delete the files, they are gone and NinjaTrader Support cannot make them come back. Especially if you clear the Recycle Bin too. At that point, you would have to remake or redownload the Workspaces, Templates, or files and settings.
                • So yes, you are more than welcome to delete them, I'd just wait a day or two until you know for sure you don't need a random file out of there.

My prior steps were suggesting to use the Copy and Paste feature so that you still had a backup copy of the files. If you already outright moved the files from one folder to the other, then yes, you could delete the empty "NinjaTrader 8 Old" folder.

Comment

Yes I see a workspace file in with the new workspace folder. Can I just delete it from the folder it doesn't say sub folder it just says file.
                  It also looks like some of my work spaces didn't get copied in to folder.
                  Can I just delete the workspaces I pasted in the new folder and then go back to old one and copy and paste it over again/
                  I really appreciate your help. Thanks

Comment

Hello frankthearm,

Thank you for the message.

Yes, you can manually delete and re-copy them over again.

Please make sure NinjaTrader is Closed any time you are manually moving files around.

While I didn't make this video for this exact reason, it still demonstrates how to move old workspace files into the new installation. Please follow along with this for a demonstration:
                    If you are still getting stuck or not seeing the workspaces, please take some screenshots of how the Files look in the Workspaces folder and include that in your response so we may provide further information.
                    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
                    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

​Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Comment

Everything seem to be working fine after I did it over. I will leave the old files there for a few days before I delete that folder.
                      Thank you so much for your help and quick response I really appreciate it.
                      Have a great night!

Comment

Hi, A follow up from yesterday. The only problem I found out today was my ATM strategy's are missing.

Comment

Hello frankthearm,

ATM Strategies are saved under Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Templates > ATMStrategy

You will want to make sure you also copied over these files and then restart NinjaTrader.

Comment

Thanks it worked. I was confused because when I go into the new NT8 document it has a file named ATM Strategy's on that main page before I hit templates and all my strategy's are in there.
                            But it all works now that I loaded them the right way.
                            Should I just leave that other ATM Strategy's file alone or can I delete it. Thanks again!

Comment

Hello frankthearm,

You are welcome to leave it alone if everything is working. Or you can delete it.
                              • If they disappear after deleting, then put them back.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by giulyko00, 04-24-2024, 12:03 PM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post giulyko00  
                              Started by memonic, Yesterday, 01:23 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes