Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Trade Performance and Accounts

Hi,
    My version is 8.1.3.0 64, it is showing wrong data on desktop app for Trading performance, I checked same data on web app and it is more realistic​.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	bugNT.png Views:	0 Size:	165.7 KB ID:	1299827
    Also I am having problem restarting account and adding new (sim) accounts. They disappear when I make them and later when I try again it will show I already have acc with same name
    Click image for larger version  Name:	bug2.png Views:	0 Size:	25.2 KB ID:	1299829
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sar_mils; 04-17-2024, 05:04 AM.

Hello sar_mils ​,

Thank you for reaching out.

I'd like to preface that trade performance is only meant as a supplemental report, and we recommend looking at account statements for a reporting.

Ninja Trader generates reports from the last time you were flat.
    Keep this in mind when generating a report.

Please note that the Trade Performance report has no bearing on actual trades that occurred and should always be considered secondary to your brokerage statement. NinjaTrader has no concept of 'trades', but simply pairs together executions. There are many reasons why a Trade Performance report can become out of sync. A few examples of this:
    • Partial fills
    • Missing executions
    • Duplicate executions
    • Holding overnight positions
    • Running a report from a start date on which you were not flat
    • Using another application or device to place an order may not record the execution within NinjaTrader, including another instance of NinjaTrader on another computer.
    • Database resets/issues

For example:
    • Enter 1 June 4th
    • Exit 1 June 5th
    • Enter 1 June 5th
    • Exit 1 June 5th

In the fill flow above, if you generate a report from June 4 through June 6, you would see two trades reported (Entry June 4th and Exit June 5th) and (Entry June 5th and Exit June 5).

If you generate a report from June 5th through June 6th, you would only see one trade reported where the exit on June 5th is the trade entry and the entry on June 5th is the exit.

As you can see, the result would yield different results. NinjaTrader has no way of knowing if a fill is truly an entry or exit thus it has to build trade pairs starting with the first fill as entry in the date filtered dataset.

Below I have provided a link to a video with a brief overview of the Trade Performance window:
    https://youtu.be/LF2jdEWGEDA
    Also I have included an additional link for more information on the Trade Performance window:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...erformance.htm

Also, to add / view more simulation accounts in the latest version of NinjaTrader, you will need to turn on Multi-provider mode first.

Once the platform is open, go to "Tools" -> Options -> and make sure that the "Multi Providers" option is enabled.

Please visit the link below that goes over how to enable Multi Provider Mode on NinjaTrader Desktop.

Then you will see the "Sim101" account appear (default simulation account). You can then also right click and then add additional simulation accounts if you please.

Let us know if we may be of further assistance.​​
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Erick, this was very helpful

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by 21laienoch, Today, 07:25 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes