FX Board - sometimes doesn't link with chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FX Board - sometimes doesn't link with chart

So I set it up so when I click on a pair on the FX board it changes the chart. But sometimes it doesn't work - seems to be when the FX pair on the FX board is a red colour?

Also, can I make a custom list of FX pairs for the chart dropdown list? A list with only the pairs I trade?

thanks.

Hello Irukandji,

Thank you for the message.

1. When I open the FX Board and a Chart, then used the "Instrument Link" box to make it so that when I click an instrument in the FX Board, it changes the Chart to that instrument, everything was working as expected. It didn't matter if the tile was Red or Blue.
    • Depending on what Forex Instrument you are looking at, the Historical Data for it may not be saved on NinjaTrader's Historical Data Servers if it wasn't within the platform by default.
    • If you manually create a chart for that instrument, does the Historical Data load in then? If not, it may just not be present.
      • If it should have Historical Data loading in, please let us know and we will provide steps to reset things and test again.

2. Yes, you can easily make an instrument list from the instruments in the FX board.
    • After putting the instruments you want in there, right-click on the background and select "Create Instrument List" and give it a name and save it.
    Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This does not address the issue -

on the FX board, I have the main tab wiith ALL my FX pairs.

Then I have 4 other tabs sub-divided - one only with EUR pairs, another with JPY pairs etc.

When I click on a pair anywhere in the FX board, it changes the chart to match that pair - correct.

But say I have clicked on EURUSD in the EUR tab, then I go to the JPY tab and click EURJPY, the chart will change to EURJPY - correct.

But if I go back to my EUR tab on the FX board, and wish to switch the chart to EURUSD, whn I click on EURUSD (currently highlighted in red as "already selected"), it does NOT update the chart, because it thinks it is already selected, as it was the last one pressed in the EUR tab - this may all sound complicated, but it is really basic.

*list created successfully - thanks.

Thanks.
      Last edited by Irukandji; 04-22-2024, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Hello Irukandji,

Thank you for the update.

I have tested this on my PC and found the same behavior so I submitted it to the development team to review and update the functionality in the future.

For now, you would have to click on another instrument to "unselect" the one you want, and then click on it again and it will send the signal to switch the Linked windows to that instrument.

Thank you again for reporting this so we can have the development team investigate it further for a future update.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yeah that's what I did - thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by FishTrade, 05-13-2024, 11:11 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post FishTrade  
          Started by Graci117, Yesterday, 09:02 PM