Trade performance reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade performance reports

I am in the trade performance tab and no matter which report I pull up I can't determine which strategies triggered which orders. I have 5 strategies I am testing currently.

The trades display filter - strategy column stays blank all day
    The executions filter - has a name column but that stays blank
    The orders filter - the strategy column stays bland and the name column says things like "My entry long 1" (Can I change that to be more descriptive? if so, where?)

Thanks

Hello bsbisme​,

Thank you for reaching out.

If you are trading multiple NinjaScript strategies simultaneously on the same account, the logic used to pair trades is agnostic of executions which belong to a particular strategy, and will match trades based on the overall account position. This may cause the trade performance to calculate some statistics (such as Entry/Exit Pairing, Bars) differently than you are expecting. You can view a strategies individual performance from the Strategies tab

NinjaTrader 8
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?performance_displays.htm#UnderstandingTheTradesDi splay

So it appears there is no means in the Trades performance to sort by Ninjascript strategy and the recommendation is to view the strategy performance report which you can view either on the chart or or the strategy tab by right Mouse click>Strategy Performance. You can always export any of the data tables to excel to combine or sort as you wish.

For the "Strategy-centric" report you are trying to load, I would actually recommend you use the Strategy Analyzer.

You can read more on the Strategy Analyzer by following this link:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/NT%20HelpGuide%20English.html?strategy_analyzer.ht m

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks,
      However the Strategy Analyzer seems to be for backtests as the first dropdown is called "backtest type."

I want a report of each strategy of my actual results in a given date range. I would have a hard time understanding why such a simple common report option would not be available on such a robust system.

As I mentioned there is a column called strategy which remains blank - what is that for?

If what I am looking for is indeed impossible on Ninja, does anyone have a suggestion for a 3rd party option software/indicator/add-on for a simple performance results per strategy for a given date range?

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by giulyko00, 04-24-2024, 12:03 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post eDanny
      by eDanny

Started by NM_eFe, Today, 10:13 AM
      0 responses