Market Replay Stops showing accurate Volume values and Candles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Stops showing accurate Volume values and Candles

When I try to open market replay and start from a time, (around 5:20am in the picture) The Volume of trades and Candle sticks both disappear and stop loading properly. Someone tell me why I cant get volume values and accurate candle sticks on market replay? The candles just start appearing as horizontal lines and my volume value stays at 1 when I know its not 1.

Tried to load MCL and it does the same thing

Comment

UPDATE: When i try to load MCL Data from Feb 2024 it doesn't show correct data even though I have the market replay data downloaded (Example 3). But then I try to load the next month March around the same time and it seems to work fine (example 3.2)? I don't understand why I'm not getting correct data from later in the past. Is it because its too far back to show the correct data? I have loaded data from much farther back in time before and haven't had this problem.

Comment

GUYSS, I figured it out.
        When you trade Live Market Data the contract you have for live data (Typically a month and year, ex. 06/23) needs to be the same as the data you are trying to replay.
        So if i want to replay data from Jan 2021 I would need for example a 01/21 or 02/21 Contract selected in Ninja Trader.
        If you try to replay data with an incorrect time frame this is what happens. For example if i was to try to select 01/24 in Ninja Trader under the futures selector to replay data from 2021 it wouldn't work.
        Ninja Trader is not going to have a ton of Live Market Replay data to download, just look at what time frame you can select with your futures choice and aim for that time frame to replay market data.
        Cheers. This was very frustrating to figure out lol.

Comment

Hello Jakobshh,

Thanks for your posts.

I am happy to hear you were able to figure out the issue.

You are correct, the front month of the contract should be used for the dates you are trying to play back data for when using Playback with Market Replay data.

For example, if you want to play back data for 01/21/2024 for the ES instrument, you would need to use the contract expiry of ES 03-24. If you want to play back data for 03/25/2024 you would need to use the contract expiry of ES 06-24.

Playback: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...connection.htm
          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by FishTrade, Yesterday, 11:11 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post FishTrade  
          Started by Graci117, Today, 09:02 PM
          1 response