Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade performance errors

Hi,

I was checking my trade performance and noticed that, for some reason, my last trades have problems correctly showing in the Trade Performance window.

No problem in the Chart windows. Shows just fine and reloading doesnt show anything weird.

It just in the "Trades" menu on the Trade Performance window that everything is messed up. It seems like the orders are behind exchanged randomly without following the logical flow. That translates into the "Summary" menu where it shows a negative profit while Im actually in positive."Exeuctions" are just showing fine.

Is there a way to fix this?

Hello morkut​,

Thank you for reaching out.

If your account is an Apex - Tradovate account, please be informed that there is Trade Performance issue affecting these accounts that is currently set to be resolved in the next update to NT8 Desktop.

For all other accounts, I'd like to preface that trade performance is only meant as a supplemental report, and we recommend looking at account statements for a reporting.

Ninja Trader generates reports from the last time you were flat.
    Keep this in mind when generating a report.

Please note that the Trade Performance report has no bearing on actual trades that occurred and should always be considered secondary to your brokerage statement. NinjaTrader has no concept of 'trades', but simply pairs together executions. There are many reasons why a Trade Performance report can become out of sync. A few examples of this:
    • Partial fills
    • Missing executions
    • Duplicate executions
    • Holding overnight positions
    • Running a report from a start date on which you were not flat
    • Using another application or device to place an order may not record the execution within NinjaTrader, including another instance of NinjaTrader on another computer.

For example:
    • Enter 1 June 4th
    • Exit 1 June 5th
    • Enter 1 June 5th
    • Exit 1 June 5th

In the fill flow above, if you generate a report from June 4 through June 6, you would see two trades reported (Entry June 4th and Exit June 5th) and (Entry June 5th and Exit June 5).

If you generate a report from June 5th through June 6th, you would only see one trade reported where the exit on June 5th is the trade entry and the entry on June 5th is the exit.

As you can see, the result would yield different results. NinjaTrader has no way of knowing if a fill is truly an entry or exit thus it has to build trade pairs starting with the first fill as entry in the date filtered dataset.

Below I have provided a link to a video with a brief overview of the Trade Performance window:
    https://youtu.be/LF2jdEWGEDA

Below I have included an additional link for more information on the Trade Performance window:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...erformance.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Im using a Rithmic account with bulenox, dont know if that has the same problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post JoMoon2024  
      Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Massinisa