Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recompilation needed after each NT-Restart

Hello,
    in my NT 8.0.28 installation I experience the following issue with 3 custom scripts I recently generated:
    1. After each restart of NT these custom scripts are missing in all charts of my workspace although all scripts have been successfully compiled before without any error. Also it is not possible to re-insert them in the charts because they are not visible anymore in the indicator window. In NinjaScript Editor they are still visible.
    2. The only way I found to get them working again in the charts is to re-compile NT before opening that workspace. After doing so the workspace then loads successfully with all the scripts. After each restart of NT I have to do so which is quite annoying.
    3. Using NT SafeMode does not change anything: It is still necessary to re-compile after each restart in order to get the scripts working.

Could you please help me in order to find and hopefully solve this issue?

Many thanks

Hello Joerg,

Thanks for your post.

When this behavior occurs do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Are these custom NinjaScripts created by you? Or, are these NinjaScripts created by a third-party developer?

Before closing NinjaTrader, are you saving the Workspace by going to Control Center > Workspaces > hovering mouse over the workspace > and clicking 'save' while the chart is open and the indicators are applied to the chart?

We look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The scripts have been created by myself and since I know this issue I do not re-save the workspace without the working scripts. I saved it with working scripts (after my described workaround) and avoid to overwrite it since then.

There is no pop-up window but there is a log entry for each indicator in each chart saying e.g.:

2024-03-26 20:34:41:176|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.MyHLineAtTime' . Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      Maybe it is connected to a rename I have done recently? I used right click in the ScriptEditor and it seemed to work properly.
      Last edited by Joerg; 03-26-2024, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Hello Joerg,

Thanks for your notes.

This error is seen when a workspace loads an indicator that is no longer included in the system or changes have been made to the script after it was added to the chart.

To resolve this error message, you would need to remove the indicator from the Chart window and save the workspace with the indicator removed.

Then, run a compile in the NinjaScript Editor to check for errors, add the indicators back to the chart window, and save the workspace by going to Control Center > Workspaces > hovering the mouse over the workspace > and selecting 'save'.

Note the log tab of the Control Center for any errors that may appear when saving the workspace with the chart open and the indicators added to the chart.

Below is a forum thread that discusses this error which you might find helpful.

Hi, I have a simple indicator that plots a graph on the chart - however, every time I restart ninja or duplicate the tab into new tab, the indicator is disappearing and doesn't exist in the new tab. I tried to debug and see if there are any errors, but couldn't get any - the indicator is never loaded on the new tab (unlike

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brendon,
          thank you for the quick response. I have tried as described but still observed the same issue. Also I tried to repair the installation and finally reinstalled Ninja which solved the problem. Unfortunately I now cannot isolate the source of the issue but it works as expected.
          Best regards
          Joerg

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM