Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-Machine Setup using CQG Continuum

Hi everyone,

I currently set up a remote VPS which will serve as both my Production and Sim strategy instance. And I have a development machine here at home.
    I have CQG set up on the remote machine as the data feed where I have both production strategies and a couple of other staging strategies which are in the last stage prior to being put into production, to see how they're handling under real-world situations.

Now, evidently this is required to remain online 24/7 7/7. What seems to happen now is that each time I want to develop on my local machine, it throws me out of the CQG connection as it recognizes two of the same data feeds. I would like to be able to do local development and backtesting without losing the connection to the production instance though that does not seem to be possible.

Any help is welcome

Hello Devocean,

Unfortunately you can't connect to the same NinjaTrader Continuum connection in 2 NinjaTrader Desktop instances at the same time. If you connect in a 2nd instance, it will disconnect you in the 1st instance.

Can you please send us an email at "brokeragesupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com" to request a 2nd NinjaTrader Continuum connection.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Devocean View Post
      Hi everyone,

I currently set up a remote VPS which will serve as both my Production and Sim strategy instance. And I have a development machine here at home.
      I have CQG set up on the remote machine as the data feed where I have both production strategies and a couple of other staging strategies which are in the last stage prior to being put into production, to see how they're handling under real-world situations.

Now, evidently this is required to remain online 24/7 7/7. What seems to happen now is that each time I want to develop on my local machine, it throws me out of the CQG connection as it recognizes two of the same data feeds. I would like to be able to do local development and backtesting without losing the connection to the production instance though that does not seem to be possible.

Any help is welcome
      You can either buy a 2nd continuum login, think you have to double pay market data for it, or you can use the new NinjaTrader connection on one of them instead and CQG on the other. Should be the same live market data on both.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888
      by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes