I'd like to automatically scale in to a winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to automatically scale in to a winner

Hello, does Ninjatrader 8 desktop have a way for me to add to a trade as the market is moving in my direction, by automatically setting a pending order at the increment I want using ATM or some other function?

I have a simple ATM that sets a stop loss at 10 points and a take-profit at 20 points. Once I enter an initial long trade, I quickly manually enter a pending buy stop order at 5 points higher than the initial trade's entry price. What I would love to figure out how to do is have that trade management plan set up before I enter the initial trade, so that when I enter the initial trade, I can simultaneously / automatically enter a buy stop order at +5 points from the initial long trade's entry price, or a sell stop order at -5 points from the initial short trade's entry price, maintaining the same stop loss and take profit levels from my ATM.

My objective in doing this is to add to a winner in the exact same way each time and being quick in case the market is moving quickly. Currently if the market isn't too fast, I can easily add the stop order manually at + or - 5 points. But if the market is moving quickly in my direction it is difficult to be fast enough to add the stop order at where I want to add it and often times I am a bit early or a bit late because I didn't get the price exactly right.

Hopefully that makes sense. It is a simple proposition in theory but I haven't figured out how to do it in the platform. If it is not possible that's okay I'll just keep doing it manually - just wanted to check and see if it's possible.

Thanks for your help!

Hello jazubuike3,

Unfortunately there is no function to automatically submit additional entry orders upon trading manually when the entry order is submitted or fills.

I suggest to check the publicly available NinjaTrader ecosystem website for any custom created add-ons from other users (User App Share) or look for 3rd party add-ons (Trading Indicators) that offer the functionality you seek.
    Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

If you can't find what you need, you could contact a NinjaScript programmer at the following link to create a custom add-on for you.
    Search trading apps & services to cusomize your NinjaTrader platform with trading indicators, signals and strategies.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay thank you for your response!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post burtoninlondon  
      Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM