Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Breakeven and Auto trail

Hi,

I set up an ATM Strategy with Auto breakeven and Auto Trail. It works perfectly in sim but in live Market is giving some issues. Basically, I would like the trail stop the move once every time the profit is beyond 2 ticks. The Autobreak even will trigger when the profit is beyond 4.

It does work on SIM and Playback but on live it does not. When I have changed the trail stop profit trigger to 5, it gave me what I wanted but I would like to start protecting my position as soon as there were some profits.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	86
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	1296866

​​Is there an away to fix it without changing the Auto trail trigger to 5?

Thanks

Hello patdmoney,

Thank you for the message.

This is because your Auto-trail is also fighting with your Auto breakeven and could be confusing the system.

At 4 Ticks in profit, both the Auto-breakeven and Auto-trail are being triggered and being told to locate the stop order in a different location.

From your description, it sounds like everything could possibly done using just the Auto-trail setting and you would want to figure out how far behind the current market price you want it to trail by and set it as that.

Or, the first move could be done using the Auto-breakeven, and then the Auto-Trail could take over from there.

Please explain from start to finish how you want the ATM Strategy and Stop Strategy to work so we can give you a more accurate answer:
    • For Example:
      • For Target 1, I want the initial stop loss to be placed 8Ticks from Entry and the Profit Target to be placed 20 Ticks from Entry.
        • After 2 Ticks in my favor, I want the Stop Target to be pulled to be 4 Ticks below Entry price
        • With every two additional ticks in my favor, I want the Stop loss to trail the current price by 4 ticks until it fills
      • For Target 2,I want the initial stop loss to be placed 8Ticks from Entry and the Profit Target to be placed 30 Ticks from Entry.
        • After 2 Ticks in my favor, I want the Stop Target to be pulled to be 4 Ticks below Entry price
        • With every two additional ticks in my favor, I want the Stop loss to trail the current price by 4 ticks until it fills
    Once we have an explanation like this, we can respond with pictures of how everything would be set up from your specifications.

We look forward to your response and resolving your inquiry.​
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok,

I would like to start protecting my position as soon as the price moves 2 Ticks in my favor.

Example, for Target 1, I want the initial stop loss to be placed 8 Ticks from Entry and the profit to be placed 8 Ticks from Entry.
      • After 4 Ticks in my favor, I would like the Autobreakeven to trigger Plus 2 Ticks
      • With every two additional ticks in my favor, I want the Stop loss to trail the current price by 8 ticks until it fills​
      For Target 2, I want the initial stop loss to be placed 8 Ticks from Entry and the profit to be placed 20 Ticks from Entry.
      • After 4 Ticks in my favor, I would like the Autobreakeven to trigger Plus 0 Tick
      • With every two additional ticks in my favor, I want the Stop loss to trail the current price by 8 ticks until it fills​
      Thanks

Comment

Hello patdmoney,

Thank you for the update.

The issue is you are moving your Stop with the Auto Breakeven to a place where it won't move anymore.

For Target 1:
        • Stop is initially -8 Ticks from entry
        • After 4 Ticks in your favor, you want the Stop to be moved to +2 Ticks from Entry.
        • So, at no point could the stop loss be 8 Ticks behind the current price because the target will be hit and filled at 8 Ticks in your favor.
          • For example, if you were trading the MES where the Tick size is .25
            • You Click Buy Market and the order fills at 1000.00
              • The stop would be placed 8 ticks away at 998.00 and profit Target 8 Ticks away at 1002.00
              • Then, if the market moves up by 4 Ticks to 1001.00, the Auto Breakeven kicks in moving your Stop to +2 Ticks from Entry at 1000.50
              • At no point could the Stop Loss be 8 Ticks behind the current market price before filling now
        For Target 2:
        • This kind of works, but you would still not see the Auto Trail kick in until the market has moved to be +8 Ticks in your favor.
          • After 4 Ticks in your favor, you have the Auto breakeven set to put the stop at Breakeven or 4 ticks behind the current price.
          • Then, you want it to trail with every 2 additional ticks in your favor.
          • When the Market moves from +4 to +6 ticks in your favor, the Stop is still only 6 Ticks away so it wouldn't be moved by the Auto Trail yet.
          • Then when it hit +8 Ticks in your favor, the stop is finally 8 ticks behind your current price.
          • It isn't until the market moves +10 ticks in your favor that you would see the Auto-trail kick in and start moving your stop target.

With this information, please rethink and redescribe how you are wanting the ATM Strategy and trailing stop to work.

If you haven't already, please make sure you have watched the following video as it goes over Trailing Stops specifically:
        We look forward to your response and resolving your inquiry.
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, I see. It is a bit annoying because It works like I want when I am on sim or playback but when I try it to live it does not comply.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ageeholdings  
          Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes