Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market is buggy on new days just downloaded

Hello,

I have been using the market replay for a while without having any problem. However, recently after having downloaded market replay data for multiple days (26th, February, 2024 to 1th, March, 2024) the data is not being loaded correctly. If I leave the speed to x1 it seems the chart is stuck but if I increase to higher speeds, the chart moves very slowly by big increments. Also, the numbers shown on my order flow chart are all 0s or 1s only on the part I have tried to replay.

I also tried this on earlier data from March and the same result occurs. Although replay form March, 11th to March 15th worked great.

I am using the latest version of NT8 and windows 11.

You can check the image for a clear picture.

How to fix that pls?

Thanks
    Last edited by hjk41; 03-21-2024, 05:06 AM.

Hello hjk41,

Thanks for your post.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.?.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to when downloading Market Replay data? This is displayed in green on the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 03-22, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    Can you confirm you have Market Replay data downloaded for all dates from 02/26/2024 to 03/01/2024 in the Tools > Historical Data window by sharing a screenshot?

We look forward to assisting further.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the response,

Version: 8.1.2.1 64-bit
      Connection: When downloading, I connect to the Live connection (data provider is Ninja trader) - Green button displays "Live - connected"
      Instrument: I use NQ with the current contract NQ 06-24 (Before writing the post, I checked if NQ 03-24 worked but it did not)
      Chart: I use 31 range, with tick replay checked (also checked in the options). (check photo)

Market replay is correctly downloaded (see photo)

Comment

Hello hjk41,

Thanks for your notes.

The NQ instrument did not roll over to the NQ 06-24 contract until 03/11/2024. To play back NQ data from 02/26/2024 to 03/01/2024 you would need to download Market Replay data in the Tools > Historical Data window for NQ 03-24.

First, download Market Replay data in the Tools > Historical Data window for NQ 03-24 for the dates 02/26/2024 to 03/01/2024.

Then, connect to the Playback connection and ensure 'Market Replay' is selected, the Start Date is set to 02/26/2024, and the End Date is set to 03/01/2024.

Next, open a New > Chart window for the NQ 03-24 instrument and you could set the 'Load data based on' property to 'Days', and set the 'End date' property to 02/26/2024.

Once the chart is open, click the 'Play' button on the Playback window and let the playback run for a little bit to see the bars moving.

Attached is a simple demonstration video: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...N18yMzAwMjU0NQ
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried your solution and it worked perfectly!
          Thank you very much!

Best

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Massinisa  
          Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
          0 responses