Time and sales block alert not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time and sales block alert not working

Hi, maybe I don't understand how this is supposed to work but I can't get my block alerts to work in the time and sales window.
    I do get alerts sometimes, but rarely and when I do it's not clear why the trade registers as a block and why the others don't.
    For example, I currently have my size filter set to 100 so I only see trades with a volume of 100 or more, but my block alert trade size was also set to 100 earlier and out of thousands of trades only one was determined to be a block and gave an alert. Now I have the block alert trade size set to 1 and I'm getting no alerts, and none of the trades in the window show a 'B' next to them even though they are all 100+ trades. Can you help me understand or fix this please?

PS: in case it's relevant, I am working with Tradovate on a sim account from a prop firm, using ES 6-24, and I would like my size filter set to 100 and block alert trade size set to 500.

Thanks

Hello jeepack,

Thank you for posting.

So I may look into this further can you please attach a screenshot of your alert settings to your reply.To capture a screenshot I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.Alternatively to capture a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file to your reply.Thanks in advance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello jeepack,

Thank you for posting.

So I may look into this further can you please attach a screenshot of your alert settings to your reply.To capture a screenshot I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.Alternatively to capture a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file to your reply.Thanks in advance.
      Thanks for the reply. I ended up fixing the problem but I still have a question if you don't mind. The reason I had the issue is that I had selected all of these 3 options:
      Price - ask Sets if the level 1 ask data will be displayed
      Price - bid Sets if the level 1 bid data will be displayed
      Price - last Sets if the level 1 last data will be displayed

This made it so that much more orders were showing in the time and sales window and it seems like the only orders that are useful and are allowed to trigger an alert are the ones you get from "Price - last". When "Price - ask" or "Price - bid" is selected, you see much more orders who usually show a much larger volume but those don't trigger the alerts. Now I selected only "Price - last", get much fewer orders showing in the time and sales window but when they are above the block alert size they do trigger an alert.

If you don't mind, I'd like to know what is the meaning of the orders displayed by the "Price - ask" or "Price - bid" options. I assume I shouldn't watch them - because there are so many of them and also they don't trigger block alerts, but I'd like to understand what they are just in case I'm wrong.

Thanks

Comment

When using the setting Ask this will display an update within the T&S window anytime there is a change to the price or volume available at the Ask price and when using the setting Bid this will display an update within the T&S window anytime there is a change to the price or volume available at the Bid price.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          When using the setting Ask this will display an update within the T&S window anytime there is a change to the price or volume available at the Ask price and when using the setting Bid this will display an update within the T&S window anytime there is a change to the price or volume available at the Bid price.
          ok thanks for the reply, I understand now!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 10:57 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes