Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Footprint bar historical data issue

Hello,

I"m using a footprint chart, however the bid/ask data for historical bars is not populating. It only displays the bid/ask data for bars that were forming WHILE I have the charts open. If I ever hit reload or if I close my chart and come back to it, then the chart clears out all the bid/ask data and its just showing the data for the bars that are in progress/completed while the chart was open.

Hello Tmulpuri1996,

Thanks for your post.

It seems you are using a third-party BarsType and third-party indicators on the chart window.

To clarify, are you testing a third-party indicator that is causing the behavior or is the behavior coming from the third-party BarsType you are using?

When testing the NinjaTrader Volumetric BarsType without any third-party addons applied to the chart I am seeing that the bar statistics displays for historical bars even after reloading all historical data on the chart.

See this demonstration video: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...NF8yMjk5NTM2Nw

Please open a new 1 Minute Volumetric chart with no third-party BarsTypes or indicators added to the chart. Ensure you have the the 'Show bar statistics' property enabled for the 1-Minute Volumetric Data Series and test to see if the bar statistics display historically. Then, right-click on the chart window and select 'Reload All Historical Data'.

When testing the above steps, do you see the bar statistics display historically?

If so, this indicates that the issue is likely due to the third-party BarsType or indicator and you should reach out to the developer of those addons directly to report the behavior so they may investigate why their addon is behaving in that way.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 03-20-2024, 09:10 AM.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Updating this, when I reduce the days to load to 5 it populates, but when I load 15 days it does not. Please advise, in order to get the bars to look right I need 15 days of data loaded.

Comment

Hello Tmulpuri1996,

Thanks for your notes.

Are you seeing this behavior occurring when testing the NinjaTrader Volumetric BarsType with the 'Show bar statistics' option enabled and no third-party indicators or BarsTypes added to the chart?

When testing the NinjaTrader Volumetric BarsType with 15 days to load, I am seeing that the bar statistics display historically after reloading all historical data on the chart.

See this demonstration video: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...M18yMjk5NTY3MQ

To rule out third-party addons being the cause of the behavior, open a New > Chart window set to Volumetric 1-Minute and enable the 'Show bar statistics' option as seen in the demonstration video. Do NOT use any third-party BarsTypes or third-party indicators on the chart. Check to see that the bar statistics display historically. Then, right-click on the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data' and note if you see the bar statistics displaying historically.

When running the test above, do you see the bar statistics display historically after reloading all historical data on the chart?

If you see the bar statistics display historically after running the test above, the issue is likely due to the third-party BarsType you are using or the third-party indicator.

If the third-party indicator is causing the behavior, contact the developer of the indicator directly and report the behavior their addon is causing so they may look into the matter and provide you with further direction.

If the third-party BarsType is causing the behavior, contact the developer of the BarsType directly and report the behavior their addon is causing they they may investigate the behavior and provide you with further direction.

We look forward to assisting further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM