New to futures ..and have many Qs ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to futures ..and have many Qs ..

Im a bit confused ..and have looked at different futures trading apps ..Ive seen a few €™uTube clips on Ninja trader 8 ..Ive downloaded the Ninja Trader app on my iPad ..but I don’t see anything about Ninja Trader 8 ..or any of the tutorial screens being discussed on the YouTube clips ..
    ​​​​
    ..I’d like to try an Apex account ..but am confused about the signup process ..can someone explain the ‘flowchart’ ? ..in other words ..I sign up (and pay) for the Apex prop firm audition ..using the ‘Rithmic’ platform? ..which then connects to NinjaTrader? ….and is that different from Ninja Trader 8? ..I have downloaded the Ninja Trader app on my iPad ..but there is nothing about Ninja trader 8 in the app ..all of the tutorials I’ve watched about Ninja trader 8 on YouTube seem easy enough ..but the NT app doesn’t show any of the NT8 screens ..in particular ‘chart trading’ (which looks to be fairly straightforward) ..I’m seriously waiting for a light to go on to move forward ..
    ​​​I would appreciate any help ..and please forgive these seemingly dumb questions being floated out here ..thanks in advance ..(my gawd ..what is up with syntax here?? ..tried to edit this out..wth??)
    Last edited by Allwest; 03-18-2024, 10:29 PM.

If you want to trade futures using a Trader Challenge firm such as Apex, take the Tradovate Option. Not the Rithmic option

With the tradovate option you can use Tradovate or Trading View Web Based or App.
    Or NT8 Desktop.

With the rithmic, you are limited to Desktop NT8.

Comment

Hello Allwest,

I assume the Youtube clips refer to NinjaTrader Desktop. NinjaTrader Desktop is a Windows application and does not work on an iPad. You can find instructions to download and install NinjaTrader Desktop at the link below.

The installation guide can be found at the following link.

You can find connection guides from Apex Trader Funding at the links below.

Apex/Tradovate

Apex/Rithmic
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I still have a forex account and will be trading that on iPad ..however ..from these helpful post above ..I will be moving to my laptop/desktop for my futures trading ..thanks for clarification ..I’m sure I’ll have more questions ..but for now I’m good 🫵👍

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post llanqui
        by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes