Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Lots of stress created by Ninjatrader this weekend. All for nothing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of stress created by Ninjatrader this weekend. All for nothing...

SInce Friday there are numerous threads popping up on this forum about problems with NT8. Data is missing and the normal functionality of NT8 was disrupted.
    At this moment things work again as usual.

On this forum we have a thread created by NT8 where Ninjatrader (Brandon) announces new versions of NT8, so that people know they should upgrade. Works very good and avoids a lot of extra work for support to explain in each thread that people should upgrade. Also reducing the amount of errors caused by using old versions.
    https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/news-and-announcements/news-and-announcements-aa

Why is it not possible to also use that thread to announce maintenance or any other action taken by Ninjatrader to inform people. That communication would avoid the creation of all these threads about datafeed not working, charts crashing, erroneous messages to check your internet while there is nothing wrong with your internet... that popped up the last 48 hours?

The same remark for the fact that Ninjatrader created a new server connection called "Ninja Trader", but never told that to users. I was using for years Ninja Trader Continuum, and had a lot of connection problems. Changing to the new server connection called "Ninja Trader" solved all my problems.
    Just a simple communication, that takes a very small time to post on the forum is all we need. Just like the communication about new versions of NT8 that are always posted and are very helpful.

I am very satisfied with NT8, the support, and this forum. But I feel that Ninjatrader missed this time an opportunity to give users the service they in general always receive. And that service can be given while reducing the pressure on support as they now have to respond to all the users that posted on this forum about the problems they encountered.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback here. Typically updates are made to the forum in instances like this, however since it occurred over the weekend our team was unable to provide a speedy update. I've noted this to our product team though to see if we can improve communication going forward.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Communication for upgrades works perfect. Just add this one.

Comment

"Hello,

Thanks for the feedback here. Typically updates are made to the forum in instances like this, however since it occurred over the weekend our team was unable to provide a speedy update. I've noted this to our product team though to see if we can improve communication going forward.​"

Here we go again.
        Trying to load desktop version. Again several different errors.
        After a long time and many attempts I see the charts, but only till 5:30 AM on last Friday.
        "Reload all historical data" is grey, so not working. So I cannot analyze last Friday (I always analyze the previous trading day).
        Apparently it is not possible to warn people thru this forum in the thread where new versions are announced. Such a small action can make a big difference for thousands of NT traders. Just watch how many views that thread has each post.
        Is it so difficult to make one small post ??????????

Reaching "account management" is possible but takes a long time to load.

Comment

Hello,

I am not aware of any outages or maintenance done over the weekend, is the issue still occurring or has the issue since resolved itself?
          Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
            Hello,

I am not aware of any outages or maintenance done over the weekend, is the issue still occurring or has the issue since resolved itself?
            Tried a few times Saturday. To be sure that it would not be a problem on my PC, I checked my VPN, and opened several websites in Europe and in the US. Everything worked perfect.
            Did also a speedtest with good results.
            I clearly saw that all data was from start in my charts, but Friday was missing from 5:30 PM till end of day. " Reload all historical data" was grey and not selectable.
            Only problems with NT. And also with "account management" as it was waiting long time before it loaded.
            I waited a few hours and reloaded NT8. Everything was fine again.

I also notice that this post took 15 seconds on"working" status before it appeared on the forum. Before it was much faster.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post futtrader  
            Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post bltdavid