Strategy Analyzer not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer not working

​In attempting to backtest the sample ma crossover the strategy analyzer isn't making an attempt to backtest, as you can see from the cpu usage. I'm merely attempting to backtest over a 2 month period, whereas I have a quite powerful cpu (i9-14900k) and 64gb of ram, and I've been able to do thousands of optimizations on a time period of over 4.5 years without issue. I've tried restarting ninjatrader and my computer several times to no avail. Please advise.

I am having the same issue. From the Log tab it seems like they might be having server issues " Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server".

Comment

Hello jourdale,

Unfortunately the image is not loading for me so I cannot see what you were trying to show. Please check the log tab for any errors, if you have lost the connection to the historical data server that may be why the test is not working. To use the analyzer you need to have historical data for the period you are testing. You can open a normal chart to verify that you have historical data for that time period.
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I had a similar hiccup a while back and what really did the trick for me was double-checking the compatibility of the MA crossover strategy with my current NinjaTrader version. I realized the hard way that if the strategy's a bit outdated, it just won't play nice with the newer software versions. It's one of those things that's easy to overlook but can save you a ton of headache once you sort it out.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Option Whisperer  
        Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes