historical data is patchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

historical data is patchy

hi when i look at my downloaded Loaded historical data i see all the trading days are there.
    When I use strategy analyzer i see weeks are missing from trading days. I lowered my timeframe and conditions to make sure setups will be valid but there is just not trades for weeks.

What could it be?

Hello tkaboris,

Thanks for your notes.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.?.?.?)
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 03-24, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • What interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • What is the specific timeframe that you are reporting is missing?
    • ​Does your script call AddDataSeries() to add a secondary series to the strategy? If so, do you have historical data downloaded for each instrument?
    • If you backtest the SampleMACrossover strategy over the same data do you see results for the weeks you stated are missing?
    Please try re-downloading the Historical data in the Tools > Historical Data window and running a backtest on the SampleMACrossover strategy that comes with NinjaTrader. Do you see results appearing for the timeframe you are stating is missing?

If you do not see results for those dates when testing the SampleMACrossover strategy, please send us a screenshot showing that the historical data is downloaded in the Historical Data window and a screenshot showing those dates were not processed in the backtest.
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    We look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Massinisa  
    Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
    0 responses