Slow trade execution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow trade execution

Hello, looking for advice. NinjaTrader 8 is great, works fine, been using NinjaTrader for many years, but occasionally the futures markets move very fast and closing a trade through NinjaTrader brokerage takes a minute or more. I have taken your excellent advice regarding data management and that helped a lot, but the trade execution delay keeps happening, so I am looking at possible workarounds.

One obvious idea is to add another account on another computer and use one account for data and another for executing trades. Can that be done with NinjaTrader brokerage or would I need to use another brokerage?

Or hopefully you have a better suggestion?

Hello PhilT​,

Thank you for reaching out.

You can open a second/sub brokerage account with NinjaTrader brokerage, but each account does need its own data enablements.

If you are experiencing slowness when closing trades, especially of more than a minute before the order is closed, this is not expected with our brokerage accounts.

Please send in your log and trace files so that we may look into what may be occurring.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Make sure to categorize your request at the top.

Ensure 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

If you could also provide a screenshot of what you are seeing, that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, we look forward to helping resolve this issue for you.​
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your response. I've been through the log and trace files and advice and that's all good. I just need a lot of charts. Since I need another computer, I'm going to upgrade even higher and see how that goes. I will then go for a subaccount if needed.

Do you have any advice on what system features would most improve performance? Number of threads, graphics performance, monitor refresh rate, CPU benchmark? I'm looking at $5K gaming and design systems.

Appreciate your help.

Comment

Hello PhilT ​,

Thank you very much for your message.

When installing NinjaTrader, the first thing you should make sure is that you are installing it on a Windows computer, not a Mac. Macs do not natively support NinjaTrader.

Next, you must make sure that your PC meets the minimum requirements.

Minimum PC Requirements

Your PC must meet the minimum requirements listed below to run NinjaTrader
        Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server 2012 or later 64-bit

•1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 64-bit processor
        •2GB RAM
        •Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
        •(pre-installed on most PC’s and can be downloaded here: Microsoft .NET Framework)
        •Screen resolution of 1024 x 768
        •DirectX10 compatible graphics card highly recommended

Here are our Recommended PC Specifications

NinjaTrader downloadable desktop platform was designed to take full advantage of modern PC architecture. To achieve the highest possible level of performance, NinjaTrader will utilize all available CPU cores and additional memory resources. Depending on your actual usage with NinjaTrader, you may need more or less resources than the average user.
        Additional memory will be of direct benefit when running strategy optimizations, and the amount of additional memory needed is proportional to the number of CPU cores available.

•2 (GHz) or faster quad core 64-bit processor
        •8 GB RAM
        •DirectX 10 compatible graphics card
        •SSD Hard Drive​

See also this link to our installation guide:https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tion_guide.htm

Also make sure that all available updates are installed on your PC from the Windows Settings > Update & Security page. Be sure to manually check for updates here and reboot after installing any updates.

- Once these steps are complete, download and install NT8 from the link below:
        • Login into the NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
        • If necessary, please create a login ("account") by creating an Username and Password and verifying your email address.
        • Click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar
        • Next select "Download" in the "Most Recent Release" Window in the main screen
        • Next you can either pick the latest release, or the previous release 8.0.28.0 found on the right hand side of the page and click Download.
        • Once the installation had downloaded, ensure any previous version of NinjaTrader is closed before running the installation package.
          • Note: You may need to locate this in your "Downloads" folder in a Windows File Explorer

If you receive any errors, please send us a screenshot so we can investigate further for you.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.​
        Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Massinisa  
        Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
        0 responses