Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Not loading historical data when opening chart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not loading historical data when opening chart.

I am running 8.1.2.0
    When I start Ninjatrader 8 the historical data is not loading; it starts at the time of loading and all three days of historical data does not load. I am running with tick enabled.
    I have tried clearing the DB cache (Minute,tick,day) and that didn't help.
    I am using a 5 range chart. As suggested in other posts I switched to a minute chart and the data showed up until I switched back to my 5 range chart.

I am using live data provided by Ninjatrader.

Can I get some help on this?

I restarted NT8 and it appears only the data while shut down is not appearing. An example I shut down at 11:05 and restarted at 11:08 and that three minutes of data is missing. Another interesting thing is I am trading the 6E contract. If I change to the ZS all the data seems to be there.

Comment

Hello Wartrace,

Thank you for posting.

I have tested this on my end and am unable to reproduce this behavior when connecting to the NinjaTrader connection. Please reset your instruments and Trading hour templates with the steps below.
      • First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on "disconnect" that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
      • Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
      • In the Database Management window, under the "Update instruments" section, ensure that "General properties", "Futures expiries" and "Symbol mappings" options are checked and then click Update
      • In the Database Management window, under the "Update trading hour templates" section, ensure that "Predefined trading hours templates" is checked and then click Update
      • Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur
      ​Next right click in your chart and select "Reload All Historical Data".

Please let me know if the issue persists after these procedures.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you so much for the help! Everything is working now.

Comment

Tried to post here but cannot get connection. My internet works perfectly.
          Have the same problem as Wartrace, but instructions don't work. No connection possible.
          Last edited by marcus2300; 03-16-2024, 03:17 AM.

Comment

I have the same problem.
            I followed your instructions, but when I had to do the first UPDATE I got the message "Unable to connect to the Ninjatrader data server, please check your internet connection and try again".
            I did check my internet connection, it works perfectly (even for Kinetick). I opened the forum to write and send this message without any problem.
            Changed to another vpn server and no difference.
            M6E 06-24 gives the same errors; not loading historical data. I could however switch from M6E 03-24 to M6E 06-24, but without receiving any data.

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	330.8 KB
ID:	1296040

Comment

Making a new chart and adding MNQ 06-24 results in a chart with data till 15 of march 06:30 AM. After that no data anymore.RELOAD HISTORICAL DATA is grey, so cannot click on it.

Tried 2 different connections but nothing works:
              1. My Ninja Trader
              2. My Ninja Trader Continuum
              Posting on this forum goes very slow too.

Did speedtest on my internet:
              • download speed 192 Mbps
              • upload speed 18,75 Mbps
              My internet connection works perfect with any website I open.

NT8 Version 8.1.2.1 64-bit, so up to date.
              Last edited by marcus2300; 03-16-2024, 03:19 AM.

Comment

I did the following different steps:
                1. Connection via My Ninja Trader with CONNECT ON STARTUP selected and automatically opening workspace with MNQ 06-24 charts.
                2. Program gets in an eternal loop of connecting / losing connection on many different hds-us-nt-… ninjatrader servers. No MNQ 06-24 charts appear.
                3. It looks like this loop blocks the loading of the historical data, as the historical data is also not getting loaded.
                4. I disconnect My NinjaTrader feed which stops the loop of connecting/ losing connection.
                5. I close and reopen my workspace with MNQ 06-24 charts and I see that the historical data is now appearing. Because the loop was removed the loading of historical data was not blocked anymore when I opened my workspace with MNQ 06-24 charts again. Sometimes it is not necessary to close/reopen the workspace and charts appear just like that.
                6. If I now reopen the connection via My Ninja Trader, my charts are crashing. If I close the connection again and repeat point 5 my historical charts appear again. Sometimes it is not necessary to close/reopen the workspace and charts appear just like that.
                7. So the problem according to me is in the connection procedure. Has nothing to do with my internet or VPN.
                Doing the same steps but with My NinjaTrader Continuum connection gives exactly the same results.
                Historical data stops at 06:24:50 AM on March 15. No data appears after that time anymore. So data from Friday15 is completely missing.

Comment

I did the following different steps:
                  Connection via My Ninja Trader with CONNECT ON STARTUP selected and automatically opening workspace with MNQ 06-24 charts.
                  Program gets in an eternal loop of connecting / losing connection on many different hds-us-nt-… ninjatrader servers. No MNQ 06-24 charts appear.
                  It looks like this loop blocks the loading of the historical data, as the historical data is also not getting loaded.
                  I disconnect My NinjaTrader feed which stops the loop of connecting/ losing connection.
                  I close and reopen my workspace with MNQ 06-24 charts and I see that the historical data is now appearing. Because the loop was removed the loading of historical data was not blocked anymore when I opened my workspace with MNQ 06-24 charts again. Sometimes it is not necessary to close/reopen the workspace and charts appear just like that.
                  If I now reopen the connection via My Ninja Trader, my charts are crashing. If I close the connection again and repeat point 5 my historical charts appear again. Sometimes it is not necessary to close/reopen the workspace and charts appear just like that.
                  So the problem according to me is in the connection procedure. Has nothing to do with my internet or VPN.
                  Doing the same steps but with My NinjaTrader Continuum connection gives exactly the same results.
                  Historical data stops at 06:24:50 AM on March 15. No data appears after that time anymore. So data from Friday15 is completely missing.

Comment

If the option to "Reload All Historical Data" is greyed out this indicates there is something on your PC or Network blocking access to the historical data servers. First please reset your dns with the steps below.
                    • Go to the Windows menu
                    • Type CMD
                    • Right click on Command Prompt->Run as administrator
                    • Type ipconfig /flushdns then hit Enter
                    • Once finished close this window

Next shut down your PC then reboot your modem, restart your PC and let me know if you can then test your connection again.
                    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                      If the option to "Reload All Historical Data" is greyed out this indicates there is something on your PC or Network blocking access to the historical data servers. First please reset your dns with the steps below.
                      • Go to the Windows menu
                      • Type CMD
                      • Right click on Command Prompt->Run as administrator
                      • Type ipconfig /flushdns then hit Enter
                      • Once finished close this window

Next shut down your PC then reboot your modem, restart your PC and let me know if you can then test your connection again.
                      I didn't do anything. I just waited till Ninjatrader fixed the problem on their side.
                      Everything works again. The cause was Ninjatrader doing maintenance resulting in a dozen new threads from people with the same problem as me.

SInce Friday there are numerous threads popping up on this forum about problems with NT8. Data is missing and the normal functionality of NT8 was disrupted. At this moment things work again as usual. On this forum we have a thread created by NT8 where Ninjatrader (Brandon) announces new versions of NT8, so that people know

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post JoMoon2024  
                      Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Massinisa