Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATM Bug: Auto Break Even keeps happening!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Bug: Auto Break Even keeps happening!

I previously had multiple ATM strategies, one of them had an AUTO BREAK EVEN. I entered into a trade and chose one of my other ATM Strategies that had a TRAILING STOP, but the AUTO BREAK EVEN still executed!

At first I thought I chose the wrong ATM in the drop down, so just to be safe, I deleted the old ATM with the AUTO BREAK EVEN. I chose the TRAILING STOP ATM in the dropdown and entered another trade.

But to my horror, the AUTO BREAK EVEN happened again! Please help! I have even restarted my PC, and still happening.

Only 1 ATM:

STOP STRATEGY:

Hello pjecuacion,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, I cannot see your screenshots. Can you please reattach them in your response?

Additionally, can you please resave your Stop Strategy template after deleting the Auto Breakeven properties and leaving just the Trailing Stop properties? If you are only removing it from the active strategy but do not save both the template for the ATM Strategy and/or Stop Strategy templates, then that change will not be preserved on either of those templates.

I look forward to your response.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

here you go
      Attached Files

Comment

I also just uninstalled and reinstalled NinjaTrader8.

Comment

Hello pjecuacion,

There is no reason to uninstall/reinstall. This is not a software bug. Just because you named the Stop Strategy template 'Auto Trail 1 Tick' does not mean that it was not saved with Auto Breakeven features originally. You simply need to remove the Auto Breakeven properties and save everything in the proper order. To do this, please do the following:
          • Open your ATM Strategy
          • Hover over the Stop Strategy on the side and select 'Edit'
          • Remove the Auto Breakeven properties, select 'Save As' and save the Stop Strategy under the same name
          • After you've done that, you will then exit the Stop Strategies window
          • Reselect your newly saved Stop Strategy from the dropdown menu on both of your targets
          • Lastly, you will need to overwrite the ATM Strategy itself by select 'Save As' and saving it under the same name as it originally had
          Since there are so many templates involved, you need to make sure that any changes made are saved in the correct order. Both the Stop Strategy AND the ATM Strategy need to be saved in that exact order.

Comment

I already did that. So that you will believe me, I recorded my screen. I created a new atm and stop strategy named "Zachary". Please have a look: https://youtu.be/q6w7LIZSyfw

Comment

Hello pjecuacion,

Thank you for your response.

There is not an auto breakeven saved on that template. You have the Auto Trail configured to place the stop at breakeven because you set both the Trigger value and Stop value to 1. If you are using 1 as the Profit Trigger of the Auto Trail and 1 as the Stop value then after 1 tick in profit, the stop will move 1 tick behind the current price (which is breakeven).You then get closed out because the market comes down to your Stop Loss at breakeven. I think you are just misunderstanding how this parameter works. If you don't want it to move to breakeven, then you need to set the Stop parameters in the Auto Trail to a value that is greater than the Profit Trigger value.

I'd suggest using the Simulated Data Feed to play with the parameters and learn a bit more about how the Stop parameters related to the Profit Trigger value in the Auto Trail. The Stop on the Auto Trail is an offset of the Profit Trigger value. For example, if I set my Profit Trigger to 4 and set my Stop to 5, then my Stop would be moved to 1 tick below breakeven after 4 ticks in Profit.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Zachary; 03-12-2024, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
                Hello pjecuacion,

Thank you for your response.

There is not an auto breakeven saved on that template. You have the Auto Trail configured to place the stop at breakeven because you set both the Trigger value and Stop value to 1. If you are using 1 as the Profit Trigger of the Auto Trail and 1 as the Stop value then after 1 tick in profit, the stop will move 1 tick behind the current price (which is breakeven).You then get closed out because the market comes down to your Stop Loss at breakeven. I think you are just misunderstanding how this parameter works. If you don't want it to move to breakeven, then you need to set the Stop parameters in the Auto Trail to a value that is greater than the Profit Trigger value.

I'd suggest using the Simulated Data Feed to play with the parameters and learn a bit more about how the Stop parameters related to the Profit Trigger value in the Auto Trail. The Stop on the Auto Trail is an offset of the Profit Trigger value. For example, if I set my Profit Trigger to 4 and set my Stop to 5, then my Stop would be moved to 1 tick below breakeven after 4 ticks in Profit.
                you are right! Just realized what i did just now. thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post lightsun47  
                Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                1 response
                0 likes