ATM strategy keeps defaulting to "none"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM strategy keeps defaulting to "none"

I trade multiple instruments and only use 1 ATM strategy. Whenever i select the strategy and flip to another chart it defaults the ATM strategy back to none. I can reselect my strategy, go to another chart, and come back to the first chart and it is back at none. This makes it to where every time before i enter a position i have to re-select the ATM strategy. Please resolve this issue. I can see complaints going back years regarding this very issue. Extremely inconvenient.

Hello bmartz,

Thank you for your inquiry and for your post.

So that I may better understand what you are referring to, can you please write out a more detailed set of steps that I may use to reproduce the problem that you are experiencing? Please be sure to include any other steps you may be taking in between switching charts and how you are 'flipping' between charts specifically.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Let's say I'm looking at the ES chart on on of my tabs. I select my preferred ATM strategy. Hasn't been in zoom out on the chart to try to find a particular pattern and I don't see any. So, I then click on my NQ tab to look at that chart. When I click over to the NQ tab my ATM strategy has defaulted back to "none". As a result, before I enter any trade I have to first select my ATM strategy. And since we are dealing with ticks here, more times than not by the time I get my ATM strategy selected I've already missed the trade. So, what ends up happening is I enter a trade and just have to manage it manually. Why can it not just stay on the selected ATM strategy? Why am I always have to select an ATM strategy before entering a trade? This is extremely frustrating

Comment

Hello bmartz,

Thank you for your response.

Which ATM Strategy Selection Mode do you have selected in the settings of that particular instance of Chart Trader? You can find this setting by right-clicking within the Chart Trader panel and selecting 'Settings'. It should be near the top.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Select active ATM strategy on order submission

Comment

Hello bmartz,

Thank you for your response.

You will want to change this setting to 'Keep selected ATM Strategy template on order submission' if you want to maintain the selection of the ATM Strategy template between the tabs. The reason that it switches to none is because, when you switch from one instrument with an active ATM Strategy to another that does not yet have an active ATM Strategy, there is nothing for it to select so it goes back to the default selection of None.

Please note that changing this will slightly change the behavior your ATM Strategy menu, and you will need to make sure to deliberately select the active ATM Strategy on each respective instrument (this is represented by a lightening bolt) in order to make any changes to a working ATM Strategy.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post lightsun47  
            Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
            1 response
            0 likes