Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trades on Chart - Strategy Performance - Real-Time Are they calculated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trades on Chart - Strategy Performance - Real-Time Are they calculated?

Hello,

I've seen on the forums that in the Trade Performance window, if I select the Trades option, these are calculated based on the execution and time of the trade.
    My question is, if the trades shown when I right-click on the Chart and then select Strategy Performance and then Real-Time, and choose the Trades option, are these also calculated?​

Hello ervin,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, in the Trades display of the Strategy Performance window (whether you are looking at Real-time, HIstorical, or Real-Time & Historical) will show the entry and exit times that are calculated based on the execution time for the entry/exit order. The Strategy Performance window has all of the displays listed on this page except for a Journal display:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thank you. I need to generate some reports based on the trades of the strategies I am working on. I have seen in the forums that executions and other data are stored in the NinjaTrader database within the PC. Could you please indicate how I could access the database and how I could make the query to obtain the same data as in the examples I mentioned in the previous message? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ervin View Post
        Ok, thank you. I need to generate some reports based on the trades of the strategies I am working on. I have seen in the forums that executions and other data are stored in the NinjaTrader database within the PC. Could you please indicate how I could access the database and how I could make the query to obtain the same data as in the examples I mentioned in the previous message? Thank you.
        Programmatically accessing the database file directly is not documented nor supported. Both the Trade Performance and the Strategy Performance reports have an option to right-click and select "Export" to save the data as a .csv file. Is this something you are looking for, or do you plan to obtain data programmatically from a strategy that you have developed or have the source code to? If you are looking for something more along the lines of scripting, please let me know and I can provide more information about how you could write certain data to a text file, for example.

I look forward to your clarification.

Comment

I have several strategies running, which I have developed, but I use various charts where I place the strategies and use them with multiple instruments and time frames.
          Let's say more than 50 charts, so I don't want to go chart by chart collecting the information and exporting it to a CSV.
          Therefore, I would like to access the database and run a query programmatically to obtain the trades and be able to create customized reports.​

Comment

Originally posted by ervin View Post
            I have several strategies running, which I have developed, but I use various charts where I place the strategies and use them with multiple instruments and time frames.
            Let's say more than 50 charts, so I don't want to go chart by chart collecting the information and exporting it to a CSV.
            Therefore, I would like to access the database and run a query programmatically to obtain the trades and be able to create customized reports.​
            Although accessing the database file is unsupported, this thread will remain open in case any other forum users would like to chime in with their experience and notes about attempting to do the same thing.

Alternatively, you could consider using StreamWriter in your strategies to write the desired data to a text file. We have a reference sample of an indicator that uses StreamWriter to write to a text file here:

You could write information from executions or even access TradesPerformance data from each strategy that you would like to write to an external file to review them all in one place:

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Comment

Thank you for the response.
              Is there a possibility that you could connect me with a developer or someone who can guide me or provide the query I need to execute in the database to obtain the trades?
              I would greatly appreciate it.​

Comment

Hello evin,

Thank you for your interest in NinjaTrader.

You can search our list of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
                Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Balage0922  
                Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes