Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is NT 8/Windows 11 just as fast as NT 8/Windows 10 with order entries and exits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is NT 8/Windows 11 just as fast as NT 8/Windows 10 with order entries and exits?

As of now, I am getting really fast entries and exits with NT 8/Windows 10. Is it the same or even faster with NT 8 /Windows 11?
    I would hate to upgrade to a new computer with Windows 11 and have slow entries and exits.

Thanks for any replies from any users or support staff.

In my experience, on the same hardware, NT8 is slower on Win11. I don't think that's an NT problem tbh. Win11 is a mess. Slow mess. I downgraded from 11 to 10, and the difference is not huge but noticeable.
    If execution speed is critical to you, you should probably consider renting a VPS server. Most of the time, internet latency is a bigger problem than slow hardware.​

Comment

So, when you downgraded from Windows 11 to 10 you originally had Windows 10 on your computer and then had upgraded to Windows 11 and it was the same computer with the same hardware? I know there are ways to speed up Windows 11. Did you try any of that? My internet speed/latency seems to be pretty good. Thanks for the advice on considering rental of a VPS server. I am looking into that.

Comment

It's a laptop so the same hardware. I didn't upgrade from 10 to 11 per se, I did a clean install after wiping my drive. Yeah, I disabled all the crap they put there: adware, bloatware, services, useless UI animations, etc. However it's still slower. Even opening folders is slower on 11. Sometimes the task manager also puts more load on the CPU than any other program. It's just a ridiculous system. And it's not the home edition; I used the enterprise version so I could customize it further using regedit and group policy editor. The funny thing is that 11 can ignore your policy settings. Not to mention that on 11, the NT has a higher chart lag (I use ChartLagIndicator), whereas on 10, I don't have these issues. After that, I installed 10 as a dual boot, and the difference is quite noticeable. The system is faster, the NT is faster, and there are no chart lags.

Comment

Looks like you disabled a lot of crap as you mention, that's good. Yet it is still slower and even with opening folders. So sometimes task manager puts more load on the CPU than any other program? And you used the Enterprise version, okay. I have read that Windows 11 can ignore your policy settings which is a pile of crap. And you get higher chart lag on 11. With ChartLagIndicator does that just show you that you have chart lag without doing anything else? I have tickrefresh on my main trading/entry chart but do not see that it is actually updating the chart any faster. And you installed 10 as a dual boot and can see the difference, okay. Seems many traders use Windows 11 and do not have problems with other trading software where with NT8 there can be problems which makes me think that it is NT that might be the source of the problem. It took NT until what, last October to support 11? NT8 was built for Windows 10 I believe? Or did it come out before that? Just wondering. All I know is that Windows 10 will supposedly only be supported until Oct 2025 I believe it is.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid  
          Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post llanqui