Strategy Optimizer log backup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Optimizer log backup?

Hey Guys does the strategy optimiser logs get stored in a backup? I have a lot of runs id like to keep for further optimization.

Yes it does I just bit the bullet and tried. So all I want to keep is these records as Ninja is still messed up in the head. Id Love to see Ninja become a cloud platform so we did not need to bother you will all these questions and some software development responsibility would be taken. It would also allow for dedicated server resources. Im not having a dig, just pointing out a fact.

Anyways I need to only save the optimiser logs so I can delete the whole thing again and start fresh. Importing just imported all the problems again and I can't create workspaces etc all over again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 5.13.43 pm.png
Views:	22
Size:	985.7 KB
ID:	1294793

Attached Files

Comment

Haha even this website could use a developer. Stuck in the 90s

Comment

Hello BrendoApex​,

Thank you for reaching out.

Historical trade execution data, and saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results would be saved, as long as you include the "Database" file when you are exporting your backup.

If you want to save this file manually and then copy it over to a new installation, instead of importing a whole back up, the file is found under:

PC Documents -> NinjaTrader 8 -> db -> NinjaTrader.sqlite

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	54.3 KB ID:	1294833

To address your issues, I can confirm that there have been issues lately compatibility between database / Back up files being imported due to version variables.

We expect these to be resolved at some point later this month with a new update to NT8 Desktop.

Also, we have implemented a new Web version of NinjaTrader, that, while nothing really like the extensive Desktop platform, is actually cloud based and can be accessed anytime from your browser.
        Its customizing, auto strat capabilties are in a very early stage of development however (nearly non-existent)

If you are interested in the Web version, you can try it out by logging in here NinjaTrader Client Portal​ and choosing "Trade" from the left hand menu.

We apologize fot these inconveniences as we work to continue to modernize and also provide features modern traders need.

As for this forum site, I also got an error when pasting this image, so I am with you there, I will reach out about who is in charge of keeping this site up to date.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Erick; 03-08-2024, 09:02 AM.
        Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Erick, Great support answer mate. That is perfection! Well done, I would hire you for support staff any day of the week.

Ok, the NinjaTrader.sqlite worked for a lot but not the strategy analyser logs. There is nothing there apart from the 2 that I did run on the new system. This file did bring "accounts" in the dashboard but no SA logs.

Comment

Is it possible to import multiple Ninja backup exports to one install. Would it keep stacking the info or replacing the data?

Comment

Hello BrendoApex ​,

Thank you for your message.

My apologies, I assumed the sqlite would contain all info regarding strategy analyzer results.

After looking more into it, I see that NT8 has an actual folder called "strategyanalyzerlogs" (apologies for not advising this earlier)

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	78.7 KB ID:	1295147

What you can do, is extract/save this folder and then copy it or its contents into your new installation of NT8. I believe that this, along with the database (sqlite) file should bring back as much as possible when it comes to strategy related info.

Stacking backup imports would not work, and the latest backup should overwrite whatever was in the previous.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
              Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rhyminkevin  
              Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes