Unknown Instrument error for mapped ticker IBIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Instrument error for mapped ticker IBIT

I added a new instrument to the list, IBIT, and used "default" as the exchange.
    When I submitted an order, an odd message was shown, and , of course, the order did not work. The log entries follow with the error message in bold:

Time Category Message
    3/7/2024 14:54 Order Order='3####' Name='ELS' New state='Filled' Instrument='IBIT' Action='Buy' Limit price=0 Stop price=38.67 Quantity=200 Type='Stop Market' Time in force=DAY Oco='' Filled=200 Fill price=38.67 Error='No error' Native error=''
    3/7/2024 14:54 Order Order='3####' Name='ELS' New state='Working' Instrument='IBIT' Action='Buy' Limit price=0 Stop price=38.67 Quantity=200 Type='Stop Market' Time in force=DAY Oco='' Filled=200 Fill price=38.67 Error='No error' Native error=''
    3/7/2024 14:54 Execution Received execution ID '###' for uknown instrument, error 'There already exists an instrument 'IBIT' of type 'Stock' but with a different mapping than 'IBIT'.'
    3/7/2024 14:53 Order Order='3####' Name='ELS' New state='Accepted' Instrument='IBIT' Action='Buy' Limit price=0 Stop price=38.67 Quantity=200 Type='Stop Market' Time in force=DAY Oco='' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error='No error' Native error=''
    3/7/2024 14:53 Order Order='a02#####' Name='ELS' New state='Submitted' Instrument='IBIT' Action='Buy' Limit price=0 Stop price=38.67 Quantity=200 Type='Stop Market' Time in force=DAY Oco='' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error='No error' Native error=''
    3/7/2024 14:53 NinjaScript NinjaScript strategy 'sarHybrid/321190672' submitting order

I looked over my map and did notice that the Master was in caps but the mapped name was in lower case....
    Would this cause this error? or is it something else?

Thanks!

Hello WaltFX,

Thank you for the message.

Normally when adding a new stock to the platform, you just have to put the Stock Symbol into the Instrument selector of a window and press Enter and it will automatically set it up.

Please remove both of the IBIT instruments from the Instrument manager and then try adding it back in the easy way.
    • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments
    • Search for IBIT
    • remove both of the instruments

Now, open a new chart window > Enter the instrument as IBIT > Press "Enter" on the keyboard
    • Now, configure the chart settings as desired and click OK

The chart should load in.

If you are still getting error messages, please use the following steps to send your log and trace files to the support team directly from your NinjaTrader Platform so we may investigate this behavior further:
    • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
    • To: Set this to "Platform Technical Support"
    • Subject: Copy and paste the Forum URL
    • Attach: Attach a file, picture, or compressed file to share multiple files/pictures
    • Body: Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
    • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
      • Send the email
    ​Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did get charts with no issue... The problem was with order submission...
      In any case, I changed the exchange from "default" to "nasdaq" and made sure the ticker was all upper-case.
      Then I submitted an order from the "Basic Entry" window and looks like it may have worked but this was not from the script.
      Until the script triggers an order, I have no way of confirming that it now works...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by TAJTrades, Today, 09:46 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post TAJTrades  
      Started by rhyminkevin, Yesterday, 04:58 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes