Stop Loss Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Loss Help

I am looking to setup a max stop loss per "trade" (not for day, week, etc). This issue is I can set this up for one entry, but as I scale up and each trade that increases the scale isn't included in that initial trade it is considered separate. Is there a way to set a stop loss that includes each scaling entry and takes that total position into account when determining the stop loss?

Hello ageeholdings ​,

Thank you for reaching out.

For the new trades to have their own Stop Loss/ATM applie, you will need to re-select the same ATM template.

Essentially the steps would be as follows:
    • select the desired ATM Strategy and place your first order
    • re-select the desired ATM Strategy and place your second order

One thing that I would like to point out (it is a common mistake/misunderstanding) has to do with the "Active ATM Strategy" - it can get a little tricky. Once you place your first order with an ATM Strategy selected, depending on your ATM Strategy Selection Mode, the dropdown list for ATM Strategies may automatically select the active strategy with a lightning bolt symbol to the left of the name.

If you try to place a second order, you might receive an error message. It is important that you select a template or custom strategy from the dropdown menu again so that it shows the name with the little 'i' for information to the left rather than the lightning bolt. For more information, I have included a link to the ATM 201 webinar with a timestamp for the section that goes over active ATM strategies:

Here is the help guide section that goes over the different ATM Strategy Selection Modes:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ction_mode.htm

We always recommend practicing your ATM Strategies on the Sim101 account to ensure that they behave how you are expecting. Connecting to the Simulated Data Feed will allow you to Trend the market in a specific direction to quickly and easily test your strategies.

NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide Links, for your reference:

I have also provided links below to a couple of ATM Strategy webinars from our publicly available YouTube Channel. These videos provide complete walkthroughs of ATM Strategies and Stop Strategies. I highly recommend watching and following along with the examples from these videos on your own platform to become comfortable with ATM Strategies.

NinjaTrader YouTube — ATM 201: ATM Strategy Basics

Please let us know if you have any other questions after reviewing the above.​​
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
    4 responses