Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

getting time out errors and unable to cancel live order errors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting time out errors and unable to cancel live order errors?

This morning I was getting time out errors?

Now I can't start my strategy b/c I'm getting this error:
    Unable to cancel out live orders. Strategy 'aaaWR_LONG_dual_202401/320537107' was not started.
    Disabling NinjaScript strategy 'aaaWR_LONG_dual_202401/320537107'​

How can I fix these orders with status "unknown"?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	10.6 KB ID:	1294705

Hello halgo_boulder,

Thanks for your post.

Since your question is related to a NinjaScript strategy I have moved this forum thread to the Strategy Development section of the Forums.

Were the orders submitted to the Simulation (Sim101) account or a live brokerage account?

The unknown state is generally because something has happened.

One possibility is there may be a disconnection and order fills or changes state and when the connection comes back the brokerage does not send a status update for the order.

If the brokerage sends another status update for the order such as cancelled, filled, etc this may bring the order into a working state.

However, typically manually disconnecting and reconnecting will correct these orders as NinjaTrader will poll the brokerage for order states for orders made that day.

If you are trying to start up this strategy on the Sim101 account, it is possible that there is a stuck order in the account. In that case, please follow the steps below to reset your Sim101 account:
    • Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
    • Right click on your simulation account and select 'Edit Account'
    • Press the "Reset" button
    ​Then, remove the strategy instance from the Strategies tab of the Control Center, or from the Chart Strategies window Configured list. Then add a new instance of the strategy with the desired Account selected.

Once the strategy instance is enabled, the Account in the strategy parameters should not be changed. Doing so will cause the strategy to attempt to cancel orders on the wrong account when re-enabled. Instead, add new instance of the strategy and select the alternate account.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon,

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The time out errors and orders not being cancelled properly were happening both with manual trading and the strategy.

This is NOT a strategy development issue.

Please move this back to technical support.

I have closed and re-opened NT8 multiple times, and dropped and re-started connection to brokers (tradovate and rithmic) AND rebooted my computer

Comment

Hello halgo_boulder,

Thanks for your notes.

​Were the orders submitted to the Simulation (Sim101) account or a live brokerage account?

If you are placing the orders on the Sim101 account, it is possible that there is a stuck order in the account. In that case, please follow the steps below to reset your Sim101 account:
        • Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account.
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
        • Right click on your simulation account and select 'Edit Account'
        • Press the "Reset" button
        ​If this is coming from your live account (or if the above does not fix the issue with the Sim101 account), it is possible that there is an order stuck in the local NinjaTrader database (Please also call your broker to see if there are active orders on your account.)

If this is the case, please follow the below steps to reset your NinjaTrader database:
        • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
        • Navigate to Documents--> NinjaTrader 8.
        • Rename the folder named 'db' to 'dbOLD'.
        • Then start up NinjaTrader and a fresh database folder will generate.

If this does not resolve your inquiry, please write in to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a brief description of your inquiry and attach your log and trace files to your email using the steps below. A platform support technician will be happy to investigate this further and provide you with further direction.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        We look forward to assisting further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_BrandonH

That folder rename and db rebuild worked.

The issue was happening on live accounts, not on sim.

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
          4 responses