Diagnosing a Red Connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diagnosing a Red Connection?

Folks, I understand this one may be a bit outside of NT, but I do hope you can help me narrow down the problem. Why does one particular connection go to red minutes after an initial connection with green?

I'm running three instances of NT, each with their own prop firm. On two of those, I have no problem with the connection. On the third prop firm, the connection frequently goes to red within minutes. First, I can still hit all websites on my browser, so it's not a connection issue. Second, I've moved this installation of NT from one computer to another, where the problem persists, so it's not a system issue. Third, when the connection is red, I am able to log into the Rithmic Trader, confirming the Rithmic connection is valid.

Given this, might you have any thoughts o how to diagnose? Thanks,

Hello timmbbo,

The red connection color indicates a lost connection. A connection state between NinjaTrader Desktop and your evaluation service/data feed connection is not dictated by NinjaTrader Desktop. NinjaTrader Desktop only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader Desktop behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to NinjaTrader Desktop which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader Desktop or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

I assume you have 3 computers each with a NinjaTrader Desktop instance that connects to a different evaluation service (prop firm). And all 3 computers use the same internet connection. If you test the evaluation service connection that experiences the issue on the other 2 computers, does the issue persist?

If you test only 2 connections instead of 3 (1 connection that works and other connection that experiences the issue), do you experience the connection loss?

Does it make a difference if you reboot your modem/router?

In addition, I suggest to clear your DNS and check if this will make a difference.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Massinisa  
    Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes